Opinion On Handgun Accuracy and Grouping At 21 Feet

21 Feet
Glock 19
Modified Mozambique Drill (2 Shots to Chest, 2 Shots to Head)
Shooting Drills made at random intervals from low ready

I am going in Sunday for my CCW range qualifications and was looking for any advice and pointers on my shooting. My friend says it should be passing but wanted to get a wider opinion.

EDIT: From low ready to completion of the shot combo was about 3 seconds.

Opinion On Handgun Accuracy and Grouping At 21 Feet

Nice shooting. It’s interesting that your head group looks tighter than your body group. Center of both groups looks a little left of POA so you may want to adjust windage on the red dot. Best thing for tightening up those groups would be slowing down and making sure you’re driving with your weak hand to the same POA on the follow up shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by 321FLSurfer on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Listen to the LGC podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the ... 80021?mt=2

"None of us is as smart as all of us." - K. Blanchard

Re: Opinion On Handgun Accuracy and Grouping At 21 Feet

Buck13 wrote:That looks pretty damned good for fairly speedy shooting, in my ill-informed yet arrogant opinion. Based on the nonsense one often sees at the range, if you can't pass, A LOT of people can't.

What course of fire do you need to shoot for the permit?
Easily better than more than half the people at my range.

Looking at how they score, I think it's better to shoot at that green box in the center of the chest. Each shot down there is worth 10 points, while a center head shot is only worth 5.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

Re: Opinion On Handgun Accuracy and Grouping At 21 Feet

hard to tell just seeing the target. Something in the presentation is changing. were you on a shot timer? Were you using the red dot or irons? At 21 feet groups should be about the size of a fist coming from the holster on a shot timer. Some variable is off. Could be grip. Are going with the first grip you have or are you adjusting it as you present to breaking the shot? Is your trigger finger going to the same spot? What is your sight picture when the shot breaks? Im sure you know all of that its just a matter of isolating it. Try the drill "dot torture". That can help you isolate the problem.