Honorable Mention
Buck 13
CD Fingers
Leitmotiv
Yishan
STL303
When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

Re: WINNERS OF BULLSEYE MATCH 14

MaxWyatt wrote:Congrats to the winners. Nice shootin'!

I wonder how many bricks of ammo will be required to boost my scores by another 20 or 30 points. Feels like slow going on the improvement curve for me.
So long as it's fun and the funding holds out... :)

Speaking of fun, I need to try out that new pistol of yours. ;)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

MaxWyatt wrote: I wonder how many bricks of ammo will be required to boost my scores by another 20 or 30 points. Feels like slow going on the improvement curve for me.
No ammo is the cheapest ammo. Do more dry firing! Watching what the sights do in dry practice is the best way to improve your target shooting. If the sights move more than the TINIEST bit, you need to experiment with a different trigger pull motion. Think about where on the grip's backstrap or your hand or whatever you are trying to push the trigger toward. I find that trying to push toward the basal joint of my thumb is a good starting method. That's roughly where my hand is centered on the backstrap.

Don't take my word for it. This guy gets his ammo paid for by the government, and yet he says you should dry fire 100 times for every live round you shoot!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfARgCqWCvQ

I should take my own advice. I almost never practice these things. I did a little the last three nights, but that was more times than I did it in the previous three months. :dumbells:
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Bacchus wrote:
MaxWyatt wrote:Congrats to the winners. Nice shootin'!

I wonder how many bricks of ammo will be required to boost my scores by another 20 or 30 points. Feels like slow going on the improvement curve for me.
So long as it's fun and the funding holds out... :)

Speaking of fun, I need to try out that new pistol of yours. ;)
As long as it's fun, I'll keep doing it. :D

Buck13 wrote:
MaxWyatt wrote: I wonder how many bricks of ammo will be required to boost my scores by another 20 or 30 points. Feels like slow going on the improvement curve for me.
No ammo is the cheapest ammo. Do more dry firing! Watching what the sights do in dry practice is the best way to improve your target shooting. If the sights move more than the TINIEST bit, you need to experiment with a different trigger pull motion. Think about where on the grip's backstrap or your hand or whatever you are trying to push the trigger toward. I find that trying to push toward the basal joint of my thumb is a good starting method. That's roughly where my hand is centered on the backstrap.

Don't take my word for it. This guy gets his ammo paid for by the government, and yet he says you should dry fire 100 times for every live round you shoot!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfARgCqWCvQ

I should take my own advice. I almost never practice these things. I did a little the last three nights, but that was more times than I did it in the previous three months. :dumbells:
I dry fire practice every chance I get, which is roughly an hour two mornings a week.