CMP Range in Talladega, AL: who's game?

Had a chance to stop by the CMP Talladega range and WHAT A BEAUTY IT IS. Alas, just passing through, so no time to shoot. The park offers golf cart rentals to and from the parking lot to the ranges, a small shop, a modest selection of pistols and long guns, meeting facilities, and a wide patio that's also set up for awards ceremonies. Definitely a shrine to competitive shooting.

It features a very fancy and expensive electronic range that you have to show you can use without missing the targets before they let you shoot on it.

Maybe some folks in AL/GA/TN/MS/NC/SC would like to get together and take advantage of the THREE ranges our club affiliation offers?... Less than 2 hours west of Atlanta.

http://thecmp.org/competitions/talladeg ... ship-park/
I’m NOT the NRA

Re: CMP Range in Talladega, AL: who's game?

I'll get to see that range in the last week of March. I'm taking a 3-day M1 Garand Advanced Maintenance class, where we'll each build our own CMP Special Garand in Anniston, then go to the Talladega range on the last day to shoot it. I'll report here afterwards.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

Re: CMP Range in Talladega, AL: who's game?

Elmo wrote:I'll get to see that range in the last week of March. I'm taking a 3-day M1 Garand Advanced Maintenance class, where we'll each build our own CMP Special Garand in Anniston, then go to the Talladega range on the last day to shoot it. I'll report here afterwards.
I'd like to take that course someday. Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

As for a range trip, it's only 10 hours and 30 minutes away!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.