Clark Custom Barrel and Optic for S&W Model 41

Back in November I ordered a new barrel for my .22 Bullseye pistol, a 5.5” Clark BOP. After a long delay (Clark was waiting on blanks from their supplier) it arrived yesterday. I put on a Ultradot Matchdot using Leupold PRW low rings. I took it to my gunsmith who boresighted it for me for no charge (thanks!) and I took it to the range. I ran 150 rounds through it with no malfunctions; it performed flawlessly. Also, next month I turn 52 and that optical sight sure helps.

https://clarkcustomguns.com/parts-category/s-w-41/
2C050F33-126D-4B98-9F86-17F47A84AB4A.jpeg
Now I can swap barrels in about a minute and shoot either iron sights or optics. Bullseye Match 15 just got twice as fun. :thumbup:

Re: Clark Custom Barrel and Optic for S&W Model 41

senorgrand wrote:Sharp! How do you like that optic?
I like it. I can see better. It’s not magnified, but all you’re looking at is the dot so sight alignment is taken out of the equation.
The size of the dot can be enlarged or reduced to suit, and luminosity goes up to 11 (but 3 is plenty for me). I have a later version, the Matchdot 2, on my Smith Model 14 and the only real difference is that it has dials for windage and elevation on the exterior while on this one you have to unscrew the little caps and adjust with a screwdriver. No biggie, and on a .22 not so much an issue as it is with a larger caliber cenerfire with more drop to compensate for. Two of my three Bullseye guns now have optics, soon I’ll have a 1911 scoped and I’ll be set for when the outdoor league starts at the end of March.