Marine Corps Bullseye Training Manual (.22 only)

I downloaded a training and exercise book that is an abridged, modified, version of the full Marine Corps Team Training Manual.
For those who want to master their .22 target pistol first, before moving on to larger calibers, this may be a good resource for you. I printed it out and carry it with me to the range. I’ve completed the first exercise (next post).

http://www.whdmclmarksmen.info/ASSETS/abpth.pdf
4EAB615A-915B-4B23-9783-8160190686CD.jpeg

Re: Marine Corps Bullseye Training Manual (.22 only)

HuckleberryFun wrote:I downloaded a training and exercise book that is an abridged, modified, version of the full Marine Corps Team Training Manual.
For those who want to master their .22 target pistol first, before moving on to larger calibers, this may be a good resource for you. I printed it out and carry it with me to the range. I’ve completed the first exercise (next post).

http://www.whdmclmarksmen.info/ASSETS/abpth.pdf

4EAB615A-915B-4B23-9783-8160190686CD.jpeg
Cool! Thank you. :)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Re: Marine Corps Bullseye Training Manual (.22 only)

Exercise 1 requires you to shoot two consecutive 10 round strings with a grouping with no more than a five inch diameter.
Group should be round(ish) to indicate you are not aiming for a target.

.22 caliber pistol: Basic zero and group shooting

Purpose: Demonstrate an understanding of basic marksmanship fundamentals.
Task description: Fire at a blank target, no time limit, targets positioned at 50 feet. Fire 10-rd string. Measure group and repair target. Repeat until difficulty level mastered.

Standard:
1. Group size: 5 inches maximum diameter
2. Time limit: none
3. Test conditions: assigned coach will watch and evaluate
4. Difficulty level: two consecutive 10 round groups

Coach's notes/comments: groups must be round. Elongated group indicates that the competitor is looking down range, trying to pick an aiming point.

Shooter's notes: (What did I learn? What did I do right? What problems am i looking for a solution to?)
Ignore the printed circle. The object is to group, not to get within the circle.
7E76730B-44F8-4E56-8ABA-8F861BDFF5DE.jpeg
Exercise completed in two range trips. First with iron sights, the second with optics.
952B473B-3DC7-4B52-A195-7E7A0CBECC47.jpeg