Re: Results from the First Even-Handed Justice Match

Merle wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:42 pm
Eris wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:38 pm Those are some impressive scores! I'm almost glad I didn't get to shoot this one, because there's no way I would have even come close to being competitive.

The objective is to get a little practice - so you can improve next time...... :beer2:
Yeah. The only reason I missed it is because I generally wait until the last week to submit my scores, and this time I was just really busy with things for work.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Bacchus wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:24 am
stl303 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:14 am Sorry I missed this one.. but, being cross-dominant I can never really decide which is my "strong" or "weak" hand with pistols anyway! lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I feel your pain. Right-handed but left eye dominant here.
same. in experiments with the Bullseye League my scores are about even with either hand. Shooting Lefty one-handed feels a bit better to me than my "strong" hand.. go figgure
Brian in StL

I do exist, for reals, just been sooper busy. Lots of good shooting in this one. Saying that feels weird since I was the weiner, but there it is.

I think it was just a fluke, this score was better than any of my other bullseye scores. I surprised myself since I've never shot single handed before, or at least not that I recall. We do need to do this again so I can fall into line with everyone else's scores.

That said, after reading through the thread, I think the red dots have some advantages even at this distance. I was able to "see" the dot superimposed on the target rather than have it on a plane closer to me like with iron sights with the target out of focus in the background. I use the UltraDot Matchdot II, if that makes a difference. Also, I'm sure its similar for everyone else, but the closer target is easier for me to nail down since I can actually see the target. When its way out at the bullseye distance I can hardly make out where the black is, let alone the center of the target. I almost have to do it by feels.

looking forward to the next one! Thanks for taking these on in Pacos absence Bucolic.