Good groups

For the last three or four days I’ve been taking all my rifles to the range a couple at a time, to make sure they’re functioning right and to check on their sighting. I had done a lot of swaps of various scopes etc. during the winter and had not shot them since. I’d even forgotten which ones I worked on. So I took them all to the range.

I saved my favorite till the last. It’s an all-Kidd 10/22 in a Victor stock with a fully floated stainless bull barrel and a two-stage trigger set at 8oz/8oz. It currently has a ridiculously high magnification Mueller scope. The best part is that it was a canvas for the Klown’s art.

I dialed it in at 25 yards and it was shooting so well that I moved to 50 yards. I did not have a bench rest or bags so I mounted a bipod and shot from a rickety bench.

The results are pretty good. The image below shows two ten-round groups shot at 50 yards. Center to center diameters are about 0.48 and 0.67 in. This with CCI SV ammo - good but not the best. This rig has done better in the past so my goal for shooting from bags with better ammo and less caffeine (and more practice) is ten round groups at 50 yards less than 0.25 inch. I think I can get there.

Re: Good groups

One ragged hole for each magazine. I’d call that good shootin’.

Don’t drop that gun in the woods. You might not find it again.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Nice to see Boyd out and about again!

I, too, got to the range today - first time in 6 months or so.

My group is not as impressive as yours, being a) bigger and b) only at 25 yards. But I'm happy enough with it since it was with a Ruger Mk IV offhand. 28 shots (2 misfires) Furthest-apart shots are 4.9"
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.
Attachments
Fri-Sep-18_resize.jpg

Bucolic wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:25 pm The best part is his portrait of our late pet turkey, Boyd. He named the stock “Boyd’s Revenge.” Here it is:
That klown is quite the artiste. Bet he paints some mean viruses too.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Bucolic wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:11 am That’s some darned fine shooting, Sail!
Thanks, Buc. Now, if only I could do that when shooting for points...

I did notice the sight was set for 15 yards/50 ft from the last match I shot. Luckily they weren't TOO high.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.