Re: LGC BULLSEYE CLUB MATCH #23 IS OPEN

cooper wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:48 pm
Clint47 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:37 pm
cooper wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:03 pm
cooper wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:01 pm Thanks for the advice--I'd like to get this out as wide as possible. One problem I have. What's Discord?
Ah, I just googled it. Is there a LGC place there or something? I'm not super up on things like this.
To hit everyone, you'd want to post to discord but also the Facebook Membership lounge group. I'm happy to post it to discord for you, or FB, or both. Or walk you through how to get on the discord server. Just let me know.
Thanks Clint. Yes, please post this to Discord and FB. I have no interaction with either of those.
I just sent you and Bucolic a PM. Have a read and I'll get this going.

Tentatively planning to go to range in the next three days, if there's a break in the rain.

Might be testing only, though. I have two "new" .22s to sight in: the freshly acquired taper-barrel MkII, and the 5-1/2" MkII that I just put a Holosun on. I had a low-power scope on a High Standard and didn't seem to shoot any better than with irons, so not sure the red dot will actually help me. Also, that gun has the stiffest trigger of my three MkIIs, so maybe the red-dot will migrate to one of the longer barreled guns eventually, or force me to finally take the plunge on Volquartsen parts.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Ugh. Shot the rimfire match with my "new" Mark II yesterday after a quick sight adjustment. Gun was working great when my wrists were rested on the bench, and my groups weren't bad (for me) when just plinking, but after I started keeping score, I couldn't resist trying to "grab 10s" and my groups went straight to hell!

:laugh: Classic!
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

You guys printing these targets off on your home printer? 8.5x11 paper?

The PDF says:

"Measure the diameters of the 4-ring on the B3 style target and the 6-ring on the B2style target. They should measure approximately 7.3 and 8.3 inches, respectively."

But the 6 ring at nearly 8.5 inches seems like it would never fit on a normal 8.5x11 sheet of paper.

ballydehob wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:49 pm Hey Cooper, New guy from New England Chapter. I'd like to try these Bullseye matches. I don't see dates for Match #23. Are there matches that are more current, as in March 2021?
In January this one kicked off and 3 months was mentioned as the term so I'm imagining we have the rest of March to get targets in. Welcome from another New Englander.

Hi All. This opened January 5, with a three month window. Looks like I neglected to put a stop date. So, let's say April 5 midnight as the cutoff. That's the Monday after Easter.

New people encouraged. I don't have any entries yet (if you sent an entry to me, PM me).

Reminder to new folks. We call it Bullseye, but it differs from traditional in that a two-hand grip is allowed.

Reminder to experienced folks. In an effort to encourage more shooting in the context of poor turnout, starting with the last Bullseye we let people shoot three full courses (each consists of a slow, timed, and rapid) and send in the best. They still need to be pre-designated -- don't send in your practice targets. The slow, timed and rapid you send should be from the same session.

Also with the poor turnout, there is just one centerfire and one rimfire competition. Use glass or iron, your choice.

Have fun and stay safe.

cooper wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:25 am Hi All. This opened January 5, with a three month window. Looks like I neglected to put a stop date. So, let's say April 5 midnight as the cutoff. That's the Monday after Easter.

New people encouraged. I don't have any entries yet (if you sent an entry to me, PM me).

Reminder to new folks. We call it Bullseye, but it differs from traditional in that a two-hand grip is allowed.

Reminder to experienced folks. In an effort to encourage more shooting in the context of poor turnout, starting with the last Bullseye we let people shoot three full courses (each consists of a slow, timed, and rapid) and send in the best. They still need to be pre-designated -- don't send in your practice targets. The slow, timed and rapid you send should be from the same session.

Also with the poor turnout, there is just one centerfire and one rimfire competition. Use glass or iron, your choice.

Have fun and stay safe.
Thanks for the reminder. Family health problems have taken all my attention, but the end appears to be in sight.
Merle from PA