House of Cards

We are more than halfway through the current "season" of House of Cards. Enjoying an evil sneaky Democrat who always wins. It's like the alternate Star Trek universe where Spock has a beard and the Federation is an Empire. Escapism at its most satisfying.

Re: House of Cards

Another series stolen from across the pond, it was a BBC three part 1990s series - House of Cards, To Play the King and The Final Cut. It starred Ian Richardson as Francis Urquhart, his cronies referred to him by his initials "FU" - no Francis or Frank. FU connives and plots his way from Conservative (Tory) Party whip to Prime Minister, don't know how the US one is a Dem president. Great series!
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote:Another series stolen from across the pond, it was a BBC three part 1990s series - House of Cards, To Play the King and The Final Cut. It starred Ian Richardson as Francis Urquhart, his cronies referred to him by his initials "FU" - no Francis or Frank. FU connives and plots his way from Conservative (Tory) Party whip to Prime Minister, don't know how the US one is a Dem president. Great series!
We saw the British series years ago, back in the 90s. I thought the original was better, but the American version has grown on me. ;)

I actually thought the British version was too dry. I liked it and it's why I started watching the Netflix version, but I like the new one better. It's just more fun.

I love British TV and normally like the British version of shows better than the American remakes. The only other exception I can think of (where I liked the remake better) would be Being Human. Both versions were great, but I preferred the American one overall.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Haven't watched the original, but we're about halfway through the latest season of the American version- Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are just awesome- so good at being evil.

However, there is unfortunate news.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2017/0 ... is-shit-2/
“We’ve had 35 writers on 12 hours shifts trying, just fucking trying everything, anything to compete with the stream of scarcely believable twists and turns coming from the White House and we give up, we can’t do it,” a haggard producer for the popular House of Cards series conceded.

“We went back to the drawing board, we had Kevin Spacey fighting the Russian premier on the Moon but fuck knows, fast forward a week later and it’ll all be redundant because of whatever the next clusterfuck to come out of Washington ends up being,” added the producer.
(Satire. In case you needed the heads up)
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

The British version was original, it was not necessarily better. It was controversial when the first BBC segment came out, many conservatives thought it was offensive to see someone plot their way to the prime ministership killing people along the way. The real prime minister of the day, John Major thought it funny and even used FUs phrase "You may think that but I could never comment" at a press briefing. Another great series at that time was "A Very British Coup".

Ah Waterford Whispers - Scandal must be on the chopping block too. :)
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan