Re: Saw the Blade Runner sequal, really liked it.

There are two versions of the original: The theatrical release and the director's cut. The first has a Harrison Ford voice-over narration, the latter doesn't. It may be heresy, but I never felt the director's cut had the same impact as the original release. Then, again, I rarely do.
Not sure why, but here's my guess: A movie became as popular and as renowned because of the theatrical release, not the director's cut, so that's its greatest impact.

I'm also rarely happy with re-launches, with the rare exceptions of Battle Star Galactica and the first JJ Abrams Star Trek movie.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Sheet, I loved it. Enough to pay twice to see it on the big screen! Very true to the atmosphere and pace of the original. Made you want to linger in 2049 CA (+ Vegas).

Well worth immersing yourself in the big screen.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote:Sheet, I loved it. Enough to pay twice to see it on the big screen! Very true to the atmosphere and pace of the original. Made you want to linger in 2049 CA (+ Vegas).

Well worth immersing yourself in the big screen.
Glad you had a great time! When "Star Wars" came out in the mid-to-late 70's, I went to see it 4 times! Same thing with "Empire" and "Return". The rest? DVD was good enough! Until the "Force Awakens" when I went with both boys and we had a great time!

Big believer here that the first and ultimate test of successful art in any form is....entertainment!
Nobody, and I mean NOBODY really likes art because "it's good for you" if it's not entertaining. Some pretend they do.

"Good for you" or "meaningful" does not justify being boring and uninteresting. Because if it IS interesting, then it's ipso facto entertaining.
If I want to pay to be bored I'll go back to school and take classes in subjects I'm not interested in..because it's "good" for me!

My younger boy just went with his pals to see the new "Thor" movie and said it was fantastic. He's 12, but that doesn't mean he doesn't get what's entertaining. Will I like it? I don't know...I'm already bored with the Marvel movies, struggled not to fall asleep during "Antman". Won't know till I see it.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."