Godless

Reviews and discussions of books, TV, music, etc - firearm related or not.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

AKmando55
Helpful Contributor

Godless

Post by AKmando55 »

Anyone watching this western series on Netflix? Are the firearms period authentic? They appear so to my untrained eye. I am glad to see westerns making a comeback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AKmando55
Helpful Contributor

Re: Godless

Post by AKmando55 »

AKmando55 wrote:Anyone watching this western series on Netflix? Are the firearms period authentic? They appear so to my untrained eye. I am glad to see westerns making a comeback!

PS - except for the O/U shotgun depicted in the opening credits. My research indicates J. Browning introduced them in the 1930s.

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by YankeeTarheel »

AKmando55 wrote:
AKmando55 wrote:Anyone watching this western series on Netflix? Are the firearms period authentic? They appear so to my untrained eye. I am glad to see westerns making a comeback!

PS - except for the O/U shotgun depicted in the opening credits. My research indicates J. Browning introduced them in the 1930s.

And, in "The Rifleman", Chuck Connors wielded a rifle that wouldn't be developed till about 20 years later!
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ

Marlene
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Marlene »

Wild inaccuracies in the title sequence. I don't remember any shining examples from the show itself, except for the near total lack of earlier technologies which would have been prevalent if not dominant in a setting like this.

Hiker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Hiker »

It is a great series, I've watched a couple of times while recovering from the flu.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

AKmando55
Helpful Contributor

Post by AKmando55 »

Marlene wrote:Wild inaccuracies in the title sequence. I don't remember any shining examples from the show itself, except for the near total lack of earlier technologies which would have been prevalent if not dominant in a setting like this.
Good point...

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by lurker »