Re: Salyut 7

I've heard good things about the movie, but it seems to be heavily fictionalized. The real Salyut 7 mission was nothing like it's depicted in the trailer. Still, this is on my list of things I'd like to see.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Might have to go see it, missed the last space movie "First Man"...I do like these epics.
Oftentimes movie makers change or embellish history for appeal to the general public.
The Right Stuff being a favorite.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2014/09 ... e-station/
The little-known Soviet mission to rescue a dead space station
How two Cosmonauts battled extreme cold, darkness, and limited resources to save Salyut 7.
I hear you, MaxwellG. I missed 'First Man" in the cinema - looking forward to seeing it.
Eris wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:19 pm I've heard good things about the movie, but it seems to be heavily fictionalized. The real Salyut 7 mission was nothing like it's depicted in the trailer. Still, this is on my list of things I'd like to see.
It's a good movie in spite of the fictional bits. The linked Ars piece is worth a read as well, I think (but not until you've watched the movie. ;) )