I'll never forget Wilson, ever.

Bought some once fired LC 08 brass in 7.62 because I want better consistency and I'm cheap. It was cleaned and polished, but I still had to resize, trim, decrimp and prep. This went pretty quick with a little RCBS trimmer and RCBS Prep Center. For fun, I thought I'd drop one in my never really used Wilson Case Gage, but was pretty confident all was good and was really ready to start loading tonight for Saturday range trip. The tool seemed a little superfluos since I had done a FL resize. DOH! Tried to chamber and the bolt would not close! So I had to bump all the shoulders down a bit. SO glad I did not start loading. That little hunk of steel saved a lot of heartache! I'll never leave you again Wilson!
Be sure to make good choices when you're being stupid...

Re: I'll never forget Wilson, ever.

I have the same experience with fired military brass. some are good to go with just FL sizing, others need to be put through a small base sizing die. I think it all just depends on what type of gun they were cycled through. It got to the point that now I FL size, then go ahead and SB size them too. I take the neck expander out of the SB to make it easier. Lots of extra work, but hey... I saved a bundle on the brass, and I don't usually have to do the SB again when I stick with the same gun.

Do you find that the case necks have to be trimmed way back after the sizing? I mean more than normal! I get that a lot.
Bud.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure"---- Dan Quayle, 1990.