Bass Pro requiring personal info form for powder purchase.

Exchange tips and ask for help about reloading your favorite round

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

m1ckDELTA
Been around awhile

Bass Pro requiring personal info form for powder purchase.

#1 Post by m1ckDELTA » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:08 am

I took my Cali hunter ed follow up today at Bass Pro. After class ended I went to the gun counter and asked about some powder that was out of stock last time I visited. They had it in stock, I was stocked, and I was ready to buy. Then, the salesperson presented me with a form they require to be filled out before purchasing powder. It asks for name, driver's license number, address, phone, etc.

Nope. Not gonna happen.

I thanked the salesperson, apologized for making him go back to their powder safe for nothing, and went on my way. I haven't been able to find this powder elsewhere but I'm not giving up my privacy just to purchase powder.

I fear this is the future of reloading in California.

dougb
Loquacious

Re: Bass Pro requiring personal info form for powder purchase.

#2 Post by dougb » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:50 am

What privacy? In this day and age? Credit transactions are tracked by banks, but of course not by govt. Right ? Cell phone locations are tracked constantly as part of the operating system, but not by the govt. Right. Facial recognition can be used by a retailer now to aim personalized ads at everybody in the store, but those cameras on the streetlights and building sides can not be used to track you. Right?. Putting your info on paper seems the least intrusive method, and only becomes intrusive it it is used to trace you, and that will never happen. Right?

It's interesting how we elect representatives, and wind up with leaders aspiring to be rulers.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

CDFingers
Carpal Tunnel

#3 Post by CDFingers » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:26 pm

Such info is not required. Sportsman's Warehouse does not require that info. Buy from them.

CDFingers
ImageImage
Like I told you--what I said:
Steal your face right off your head.

khlavkalash
Been around awhile

#4 Post by khlavkalash » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:15 am

Mix it with cocaine and you've got brown-brown, the drug of choice for discerning child soldiers. Maybe it's going the way of Sudafed.

Doesn't sound like it's really law but leaving CA gives me no regrets.

ncbluedot
Been around awhile

#5 Post by ncbluedot » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:29 am

Agree with dougb, unless you are dedicated to paying cash for everything the bank knows all about ur powder, primer, bullet purchases. Then there's the Google and your ISP. Unless you surf the web on a VPN with a browser that respects your privacy, I'd wager anyone willing to pay can get a really accurate profile on a person.

khlavkalash
Been around awhile

#6 Post by khlavkalash » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:25 pm

Banks don't get itemized receipts.

But yes, Google scares me sometimes. Their original slogan was "don't be evil" but they could do nefarious things if they wanted to.

DougMasters
Grizzled Veteran

#7 Post by DougMasters » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:33 pm

I think google reads more than my internet usage. I swear it used to be I'd search the internet a hundred times for this or that and I'd see adds for that stuff on other sites.

Now I swear they read my mind and put adds up of thijgs before I even know I'm lookin for it. That google is gettin pretty damn smart too cause its right. The way it just predicts stuff now.

When I first started lookin at guns it was simple, adds about guns. But eventually it was showin me adds for
Stuff i want but didnt even know i wanted like packs and boots and here I am thinkin "ya know that pack looks damn cool"

zzrguy
Been around awhile

#8 Post by zzrguy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:58 pm

I walk into the bass pro in Bridgeport Conn and walked out with 2 pounds of powder right off the shelf.
It's time to elect leadership not re elect it.
Drain the swamp!