I think I'm in love........

Not sure how I missed this news from SHOT in January, but appears it wasn't caught here by others either.

https://www.markvii-loading.com/The-Evo ... p_410.html

Or if you have an even stouter checkbook...

https://www.markvii-loading.com/The-Mar ... p_332.html

Yeah, probably overkill, but damn. The YouTube operation videos show them running incredibly smoothly. With single pass rifle reloading......
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Re: I think I'm in love........

I'd say like anything, it depends. Looking at how the press runs, I can't imagine that rigidity is an issue, and there is little to no case wobble from station to station. Combine that with the apparently oversized tool head and ram, and it looks like it should produce some superb ammo- but it's also a production machine, so unless one was interested in doing single run rifle ammo that may have a crimped primer pocket, I'm not sure that all the extra stations are worth it. That said, the on press handling of both of those items is pretty neat, and the machine running is far smoother than other progressives I've seen. I won't be buying one, but I sure wouldn't turn one down if it magically appeared in the garage.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

eelj wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:07 am Looks like a good commercial rig. If I had a range I could use it to sell ammo to my customers, that is if I had the proper licensing and insurance.
Well. Probably the Evolution Pro or the Revolution for that- motorized and whatnot. But given the price, not sure what kind of adoption rate they'll get in their "prosumer" market.
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:50 am
eelj wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:07 am Looks like a good commercial rig. If I had a range I could use it to sell ammo to my customers, that is if I had the proper licensing and insurance.
Well. Probably the Evolution Pro or the Revolution for that- motorized and whatnot. But given the price, not sure what kind of adoption rate they'll get in their "prosumer" market.
Thats what the Dillon 1050 is marketed as, a commercial rig. Because of that it is the only press they sell without a lifetime warranty.

Yup, and these are the guys who started the motorization of the 1050's and the 650's for that purpose. It looks like they are taking a direct shot at the 1050 market and while still being less than the $25k commercial rigs.
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:37 pm Yup, and these are the guys who started the motorization of the 1050's and the 650's for that purpose. It looks like they are taking a direct shot at the 1050 market and while still being less than the $25k commercial rigs.
Have you ever checked out the old Hollywood progressives? They still command very high prices used today. The prices for them would be competitive with a new Dillon or Hornaday today. And that was when the average annual pay in America was about 6 grand. We've come a long way.

I have seen the old Hollywood presses- neat pieces of machinery as well. I didn't realize they sold for that much back then- we've definitely come a long way. I will say, if I was starting from scratch again on reloading, I don't think I'd do anything differently. The only temptation really is on press brass swaging and trimming, which would put me into a 1050 or one of these monsters, and for that, I'd need to increase my disposable income quite a bit.
- Maya Angelou