Coconut Oil for Case Lube?

Hey buddies,
I apologize if there's been discussion of this before, though I didn't see it in a quick look through the other threads...
Anyone using Coconut oil as case lube? I just tried it and it seems to work better than anything else I've used (Lee lube, RCBS lube, Dry Mica, Ballistol) by leaps and bounds.
I found that just VERY lightly applying a thin layer to every other 5.56 case (once fired from my AR) allowed everything to FL resize like butter. Incredibly smooth! Obviously I don't want oil in the primer pocket or in the case itself, so I was careful to only apply from just below the shoulder to the web, and I cleaned the cases after resizing using a rag with a little simple green degreaser. I dipped every few case mouths in some Lee lube to keep the expander ball happy.

So my question is, does anyone else use this? Any issues you've found?
Crow
Minute Of Average

Re: Coconut Oil for Case Lube?

CDFingers wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:29 pm A couple companies make case lube, like RCBS. I think coconut oil would snag dirt. Might smell neat when fired, though.

CDFingers
Makes sense, but that's why I wiped all the casings clean with simple green, which is a step I take no matter what lube I'm using. Cases end up totally lube-free.
Minute Of Average

Another use for Frog Lube?

(It's been reported that FL is coconut oil with trace colorant & odor additive - wintergreen, I believe.)
"...no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." ― Article VI, United States Constitution

Never heard of using coconut oil. But sure, why not. Especially since it smells nice, is good for your skin and you’re wiping it off every completed round.

Great to add a layer of confusion for your attackers too in a HD situation. Play Bob Marley’s Exodus while shooting. They may think they’ve stumbled into the Caribbean.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi