reloading 45 colt

Any one out there reloading 45 (long)* colt? I am using 7.0 grains of 231 for a 200 grain lrnfp. It is giving mediocre accuracy . I also have unique, bullseye, universal, 2400, and vn340. I have a good load for a 250 grain lrnfp with unique but I am low on the powder and rationing it.
Those of you loading 5 colt, and I know you are out there, what do you load? Help!
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Ben Franklin
Beto in wisconsin

Re: reloading 45 colt

Forgot to read you're rationing Unique. Sorry. I made a box of 50 and I just let them sit. My best groups come from that load. When I go to the range, I make another 50, swap it with the first 50, and shoot it up. I keep that 50 for the onslaught of saber toothed wildebeests. Dead nuts on at wildebeest range.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Thanks, I have an Uberti Cattleman so it is standard pressure loads. I will try increasing 231 load to 8 grains. I have been saving my unique for the 250 grain as I have a good accurate load, If I can lay my hand on more unique, I'll work with that. Thanks for the info on 2400. I'll try to work with that. I ave been avoiding it as it is listed as slower burning. I will look into the IMR 700-x as a unique equivalent. Unique works well in large cases.For the 250 I have been using 8.1 unique but I'll give the 8.5 grain a shot (pun intended).
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Ben Franklin
Beto in wisconsin

8-something grains of 800x. Meters like shit but gave much better results than fast burning pistol powders.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police