9mm cut down to 380?

I got a pile of range brass I was cleaning today and sorted out a few that had 9mm stamps, but were short. Slid perfectly in to the 380 case length cutout on my guide.

I discarded them but is trimming 9mm brass to load 380 a thing? Can't think of any other way these cases got the way they are.
Groovin' and jivin' and diggin' the skin I'm in

Lyons, CO

Re: 9mm cut down to 380?

Probably 9mm Makarovs:

To answer your question, no the 9mm parabellum is dimensionally different than .380 in case thickness and rim shape even if you shave the case length down 2mm. The resulting round won’t fit in in a .380 chamber.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Benredbeard wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:00 pm They each said 9mm, but just 9mm. While I've heard of 9 kurz (I shot 380ACP) I've never actually seen it in real life.
It was also called 9mm Browning and 9mm Corto, 9mm Browning Cort, 9mm Short, .38 Auto and I'm sure other designations.

The 9mm Makarov is yet another member of the 9mm family, slightly longer than the 380 and also slightly wider.

From the left: 380, 9mm Makarov, 9mm Luger (Parabellum), 38S&W, 38 S&W Special, 357, 45acp and 45 Colt

My Sig P230 in 9mmKurz:
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

Sig230, I think that's the most modern (late 80's?) pistol I've seen use the 'K' or 'kurz'.
My younger sister has a stainless P230 (similar vintage) that I would swear was marked '.380ACP', but after reviewing some photos, I'm not so sure now...

My PA-63 is stamped 9mmK, but all others I've seen are stamped '9mm SHORT'.
Interesting how that one caliber has at least 4 official designations...
"I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations in examples of justice and liberality" - George Washington

RotaryMags wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:05 am Sig230, I think that's the most modern (late 80's?) pistol I've seen use the 'K' or 'kurz'.
My younger sister has a stainless P230 (similar vintage) that I would swear was marked '.380ACP', but after reviewing some photos, I'm not so sure now...

My PA-63 is stamped 9mmK, but all others I've seen are stamped '9mm SHORT'.
Interesting how that one caliber has at least 4 official designations...
That's a KZ (95) date stamped and I bought it in 1995. But I once saw a P232 AF (05 or 2005) and it was still marked a Kurz. Once they moved production of the P232 stateside I imagine the proofing also changed to US common designation. They continued the P232 until 2015 IIRC.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim