Fighting the Rust Goblins

Folks,

For those of us who store our guns in a safe or who managed to throw away or lose that little piece of paper that came in the box with our reloading dies, this stuff does a very good job at keeping the oxidation gremlins at bay. They use vapor deposition to create a micron thick film on metals to keep oxidents from getting to the base metal. I cut the strips into three pieces and put a piece in each die box and into the cases where I store the attachments for my presses.

They also sell a larger adhesive backed cup which works well in a space like a safe.

I've used them about a year and can say with confidence they work. I was occasionally seeing very small spots of flash rusting on my dies and other reloading gear (e.g. case trimmer cutters, primer arms, and bevel/camfer tools). No Mas. They also limit oxidation of brass cases and aluminum bits.

http://www.theruststore.com/Bull-Frog-R ... 23C12.aspx
Last edited by KlrDrvr on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing the cause, and misapplying the wrong remedies. Marx (Groucho Marx)