Re: So you have a list but....

sikacz wrote:
ErikO wrote:
sikacz wrote:There's only one on my holy grail list; Lahti L-35 (not to be confused with Swedish L-40). But, I fear cost and availability will save me a bundle, which I don't have anyway. Otherwise I like 9mm (Luger) semi-automatics, rifles with character (7.62x53R or 7.62x54R), Finnish Mosin-Nagant M28/76 lefty, or a SAKO Finnfire Range P94S lefty. That's my short list....plus just more Mosins! :beer2:...and CZ's! :love:
No Lahtis here in MO, DD's are illegal. Sad, I'd LOVE to have a 20mm anti-tank rifle that is on skis. :D
Wouldn't mind firering the anti tank Lahti, but this is what I'd want:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahti_L-35 Around 9000 were made. Here's a link with better info, but you have to scroll down:
http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/PISTOLS1.htm
Ah, ok. Those are much more easy on the wallet. :)
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Inquisitor wrote:
Fukshot wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:I think the only thing I want that I don't have is a nice o/u 12 gauge.
First step: sell your car.
Well, Ruger just re-released one, but it's still more than I like spending on a gun...

If the stoegers weren't crap...
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Gun-Libr ... t103588380

That's about as cheap as I've seen for a real one anytime recently.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

Elmo wrote:Like Shinzen, I've never really thought in terms of a wish list.

I've built my modest collection by obsessing about one purchase at a time. Get a bug, often by reading something on this forum. Then research. Then shop, online and/or locally. Then buy.

Then shoot the hell out of it. Then, maybe a year or so later, move on to the next obsession.
I'm with you Elmo. My last purchase was a Savage 10 in .308 and while it's a work in progress I've already started obsessing about the next one... a full size 1911.
"Knowledge without mileage is BULLSHIT!" -Henry Rollins

my collection criteria have changed over time. originally it was american main battle rifles since 1861. 8-) hence,
1861 springfield -check
45/70 springfield trapdoor
krag-jorgenson -check
1903 springfield
m1917 -check
m1 garand -check
m14/m1a
m16/ar15 -check
then (mostly because they were so cheap) i expanded to major powers' battle rifles of ww2, got a C&R ffl, :yahoo:
kar98 -check
moisin nagant 91/30 -check
smle #1mkiii* -check
carcano
arisaka
then i went into remission, i culled the kar and moisin. for some reason i can't part with the smle. :cry:

but then i relapsed. re-accquired the kar and moisin. :no:

and now i've a fascination with pocket pistols. phoenix hp22 and j. stevens .22 :w00t:

all along as i've happened on them i've found the odd piece, sks, sharps infantry, 10/22, mossy 802,... :wtf:
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

I always:
1. carefully consider what I need (and by 'need' I mean want, but definitely do not need...)
2. research it
3. obsess over it
4. try to find places I can rent it to try it out
5. carefully save money
6. Buy whatever catches my eye at the time.

This is why I have always wanted a Beretta 92 and keep ending up up with revolvers.
For all the compasses in all the world, there is but one direction and time is its only measure. -- Tom Stoppard

sikacz wrote:There's only one on my holy grail list; Lahti L-35 (not to be confused with Swedish L-40). But, I fear cost and availability will save me a bundle, which I don't have anyway. Otherwise I like 9mm (Luger) semi-automatics, rifles with character (7.62x53R or 7.62x54R), Finnish Mosin-Nagant M28/76 lefty, or a SAKO Finnfire Range P94S lefty. That's my short list....plus just more Mosins! :beer2:...and CZ's! :love:
My Lahti want is illegal to possess in MO due to being a 20mm sled-mounted anti-tank gun. :thumbup:

I need a shotgun and to finish the AR rifle so I can at least try out 3-gun. I'm tempted to get a 1897 Winchester and a Nagant pistol and do a Soviet 3-Gun with the M91/30. :lol:

I need to get pistol for the training company first. Well, maybe not before I get a RIA M5 pump gun.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.