Re: Buying First gun. Should I buy new or used? $250 good de

LGBTGunner wrote:So I have decided to buy my first firearm and I wanted some input. After asking a few relatives with guns, they referred me to some probation officer that is offering to sell one of her guns for $250? The price is cheaper than MSRP but I do not know if it's better to buy new instead of used?

Here is the gun on offer. She says that she will included everything in the photos:

The gun is in the 9mm caliber.

So should I take the offer or should I just buy new? Anything to lookout for?

P.S. She says the offer is low because my cousin and her served together in Afghanistan.
:)
Forget about the niner semi auto. If you are a first time buyer with little or no experience owning a gun, get a .357 magnum revolver with a 4 inch or better barrel. Wheel guns are much less inclined to jam especially with factory ammo and if you want less recoil you can fire .38 Special or for more stopping power .38 Special +P.

Re: Buying First gun. Should I buy new or used? $250 good de

I bought my first gun (very slightly) used as well. There's a very slight chance this is a gun with some issue the seller isn't mentioning. But it's very, very slight. At that price, it's clearly worth a shot. That same setup here in MA would be roughly twice that price.

Just have an experienced shooter (or better yet, a mod junkie/gunsmith) give it a once over to make sure it's in good working order. Have them show you how to break it down and maintain it while they're at it.