RANGE REPORT: Bushmaster MOE M4 Carbine Sunday at McMiller's

McMiller's being an outdoor range about 45 mins from where I live. It was a good day. A guy to my right was shooting a musket. I should have taken a picture.

Another was shooting a bolt action historic, but I know nothing of these types of rifles, so I could only tell it was a historic, but not make, model or even if it was a reproduction.

For me, I was zeroing my AR. I bought a cheap Bushnell spotting scope which proved to be pretty good, but the tripod they included was a pos.

I started off with the BUIS, but I think I'm going to have to take off that standard AR front sight and replace it with a popup or just work off the Vortex. Even with the lifter that's included with the Spitfire, it was in the way and not lined up completely. Odd. The day before, I moved the rear sight back because it was too far forward and interfered with the Spitfire.

After getting the iron sights dialed in, I attached the Vortex, with some blue loc-tite to make sure it stays tight:

I used up all my 62 gr American Eagle 5.56 (120 rounds) and a bit of AE .223, but I think I got it right (three of the shots in the below pic were iron sights):

Last edited by RobertS on Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: RANGE REPORT: Bushmaster MOE M4 Carbine Sunday at McMill

RobertS wrote:McMiller's being an outdoor range about 45 mins from where I live. It was a good day. A guy to my right was shooting a musket. I should have taken a picture.

Another was shooting a bolt action historic, but I know nothing of these types of rifles, so I could only tell it was a historic, but not make, model or even if it was a reproduction.

For me, I was zeroing my AR. I bought a cheap Bushnell spotting scope which proved to be pretty good, but the tripod they included was a pos.

I started off with the BUIS, but I think I'm going to have to take off that standard AR front sight and replace it with a popup or just work off the Vortex. Even with the lifter that's included with the Spitfire, it was in the way and not lined up completely. Odd. The day before, I moved the rear sight back because it was too far forward and interfered with the Spitfire.

<snip pics to save space>

I used up all my 62 gr American Eagle 5.56 and a bit of AE .223, but I think I got it right:

What range were you shooting at? (Distance, that is)

But Yes, definitely well centered there. ^^^ :)
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

Re: RANGE REPORT: Bushmaster MOE M4 Carbine Sunday at McMill

RobertS wrote:
senorgrand wrote:Is that a standard recoil pad or something you added?
Everything is stock, except the Vortex.

As a side note, when I took a shower, I noticed I have a rash on my shooting shoulder. Heh. I'm not completely a rifle virgin, but it's been a couple decades since I truly fired a rifle.

I bet it's going to be worse when I start with the shotgun.
Maybe one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/LimbSaver-Classic ... B00AU6EPQO

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."