Any machinists out there?

A place to review and talk about firearms, ammunition, optics, etc.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
beaurrr
Carpal Tunnel
Posts: 5036
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:56 pm
Location: Cave Junction OR
Contact:

Any machinists out there?

#1 Post by beaurrr » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:32 pm

Wondering if someone would be willing to turn down a couple of Forster case trimmer pilots for me. Not sure exactly how much I want removed but I'd guess it to be about a thousandth on each pilot.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

eelj
Carpal Tunnel
Posts: 14553
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Any machinists out there?

#2 Post by eelj » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:41 am

beaurrr wrote:Wondering if someone would be willing to turn down a couple of Forster case trimmer pilots for me. Not sure exactly how much I want removed but I'd guess it to be about a thousandth on each pilot.
I have a drill press and I have chucked a pilot in it and turned it down myself using a file.

User avatar
beaurrr
Carpal Tunnel
Posts: 5036
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:56 pm
Location: Cave Junction OR
Contact:

Re: Any machinists out there?

#3 Post by beaurrr » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:24 pm

eelj wrote:
beaurrr wrote:Wondering if someone would be willing to turn down a couple of Forster case trimmer pilots for me. Not sure exactly how much I want removed but I'd guess it to be about a thousandth on each pilot.
I have a drill press and I have chucked a pilot in it and turned it down myself using a file.
I don't have a drill press set up where I'm living.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

User avatar
Bisbee
Loquacious
Posts: 4797
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:38 pm
Location: On The Border with no need of The Wall.
Contact:

Re: Any machinists out there?

#4 Post by Bisbee » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:38 pm

If you bring it down with you next time we shoot, I can ask my neighbor with the workshop next door if we can use it for your project.

You remember, that neighbor with that shop. :mrgreen:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

User avatar
dandad
Carpal Tunnel
Posts: 6635
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:22 am
Location: Misery

Re: Any machinists out there?

#5 Post by dandad » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:25 pm

beaurrr wrote:
eelj wrote:
beaurrr wrote:Wondering if someone would be willing to turn down a couple of Forster case trimmer pilots for me. Not sure exactly how much I want removed but I'd guess it to be about a thousandth on each pilot.
I have a drill press and I have chucked a pilot in it and turned it down myself using a file.
I don't have a drill press set up where I'm living.
You could do like the old timers. Hose Clamp a drill to a board, screw the board to a stable base, and file away.


Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

User avatar
Marlene
Loquacious
Posts: 3766
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Any machinists out there?

#6 Post by Marlene » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:25 pm

If you can't find something closer to home, yes.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest