Re: How often do you clean your guns?

The AR... every time I shoot more than 50 rounds with it. It just seems WAY easier to clean if I don't let it go.

The 10/22 about every 500 rounds with frequent snaking between. This gun actually seems to shoot worse when sparkling clean.

The 9e after about every 150 rounds or so. It doesn't seem to care, but I like a shiny(ish) feed ramp.

The Moist Nugget - every time I shoot it and some extra barrel swabbing with Hoppes #9 in between. I have a pile of cheap corrosive ammo and I'm not afraid to use it. :evil:

Theres also some calculated wiping down and oiling sprinkled into the mix.
“We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.”
― Ernesto Che Guevara

CDFingers wrote:School just got over for the summer and I have a terrabyte of papers to read, so I must resist the urge to generate in the morning a dirty rifle...

:roflmao:

CDFingers
Just for you - the next marksmanship challenge is to shoot through stacked hard drives. The CDFingers Terrabyte Challenge(tm)

:lol:

er...topic...topic... I just can't put a gun away after it's been fired. I clean after every trip out.

AndyH wrote:
CDFingers wrote:School just got over for the summer and I have a terrabyte of papers to read, so I must resist the urge to generate in the morning a dirty rifle...

CDFingers
Just for you - the next marksmanship challenge is to shoot through stacked hard drives. The CDFingers Terrabyte Challenge(tm)
I'm in - I have some .44 loads that should be just the ticket for that :D

325 grain hard cast gas check @ ~1300 fps will penetrate quite well...

Technically I guess they are SWCs since they taper a bit at the front but they are pretty damn close to cylindrical.