Re: Where do you buy ammo?

I only buy rimfire. Just a few brands. SK for match rifle and pistol. RWS subsonic for my old winnie pump rifle. I get them through Midway, Midsouth, or Graf & Son. I buy various brands of brass for reloading others. Almost exclusively Starline for pistol and 45-70. Lapua for my F and FTR rifles.
Bud.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure"---- Dan Quayle, 1990.

Dicks and various LGSs for 22lr. Also, made a lot of trades with 22lr thrown in. I am sitting on almost 6k rounds.

WalMart for cheap FMJ.

LAXammo for everything else.

I am looking to start rolling my own 357 here shortly. I should probably buy powder and primers before too long...

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

I just got some spam today from LAXammo; they've got their 9mm on sale. They also have a 300 round bucket of Remington 223 on sale for $110.

Their shipping is very reasonable for me; you're another 2 days down I-10, so I don't know how much that would affect the UPS rate.
I am definitely getting some of their 9mm tomorrow (payday) - I don't want my 9mm supply this November to be as precarious as after the last election :no: .
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there - George Harrison
Don't go where the road don't go - Ringo Starr

Mostly at the local True Value, sometimes in bulk at the Washington Arms Collectors gun shows when I have enough cash on hand.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

Up until I started reloading a month ago... Freedom Munitions and Sportsman's Guide

Gun shows for 22lr and also whatever source had it for less than $45/500.

Now the question is... where do folks get brass? :whistle: lol - that's for a post in another thread.
“We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.”
― Ernesto Che Guevara

dpfeifer wrote:Up until I started reloading a month ago... Freedom Munitions and Sportsman's Guide

Gun shows for 22lr and also whatever source had it for less than $45/500.

Now the question is... where do folks get brass? :whistle: lol - that's for a post in another thread.
Pick it up at ranges. Some let you, some don't. There are advantages and disadvantages to unsupervised public ranges, but one of the advantages is brass. The only brass I've ever bought besides live rounds is some custom-formed 8x50r Austrian brass for my 1917 Mannlicher carbine. Now I'm saving for the $150 dies. (I take that back: I did buy 20 pieces of Lapua 7.62x54r). :oops:

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Anywhere I can get what I want, but I'm just buying it for the brass. I have enough brass for the handgun calibers I shoot now, so I quit buying handgun brass for a while - at least until my auto's manage to throw enough away that I can't recover and it's time to reorder. My revolvers, being rather more civilized, don't have this bad habit.

Right now I'm waiting to stumble over some .303 Brit from Prvi Partizan, or maybe ordering just the brass from Midway or Graf. They have brass that is near Brit military spec, and lasts forever.
When only cops have guns, it's called a police state.
I carry due to toxic masculinity.......just other people's.

If you're looking pump up your brass supply, metal scrappers make it easy. You can get all the 9mm, 223, 45 acp and 40 SW you can stand. I've found lots of match 30-06, 30-30, 308, 7mm Remington mag, 303 Brit and some uncommon stuff like 32 Winchester Special, 30-40 Krag, 30 carbine, and others.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

Reloading supplies at Graf n Sons in St. Charles Mo. Ammo at many different places. Hardly ever buy ammo online though.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Cheapest place i can

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more