Amazon and ebay are reducing sales of gun items

Im sure everyone knows this by now, but I was looking for muzzle brakes and realizes that gone now are the affordable gun parts, and stores like Midway must be dancing the happy dance, as they sell what was a $23 Tapco muzzle brake on Amazon with free shipping, for $49 and $13 shipping.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Re: Amazon and ebay are reducing sales of gun items

Queen wrote:Why are they doing this? New laws, less business?
There is a group, I forget the name now, but they go to share holder meetings and whine. Now that they have won on gun parts, they are going after violent video games. Which amazon says they will start monitoring and phasing out as they can.

- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Queen wrote:
dandad wrote:http://www.nationalcenter.org/PR-Amazon ... 52813.html
These people are causing the shit.
It was interesting in the CCW class, the instructor directly attributed the increase in gun violence to video games. Seemed odd to hear from a complete right wing retired cop.
Yup, I've heard the same things from left wingers. A simplistic answer to a very complicated problem.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

lurker wrote:
dandad wrote:going after violent video games.
there are non-violent video games? :wtf:
Yes, plenty. Half my career went into making some of them.
highdesert wrote:
Queen wrote:
It was interesting in the CCW class, the instructor directly attributed the increase in gun violence to video games. Seemed odd to hear from a complete right wing retired cop.
Yup, I've heard the same things from left wingers. A simplistic answer to a very complicated problem.
Just gotta move the blame elsewhere.

Videogames are the cause for gun violence just as much as IPSC and IDPA are drills for mass shootings.

Queen wrote:

I dont think so. Its something to blame it on.

I feel its a cornucopia of things, like desperation due to lack of decent paying jobs and availability to good education, mental health, environment, etc... Its not one thing and its sure not inanimate objects.

Cars dont cause car jackings and pencils dont misspell words..

- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

Queen wrote: It was interesting in the CCW class, the instructor directly attributed the increase in gun violence to video games. Seemed odd to hear from a complete right wing retired cop.
People fear what they don't understand, just like we fear the dark.

People who don't shoot guns fear them, people who don't play video games fear them, people who don't interact with Muslims fear them. So, they get blamed for all our fears.

I used to play first-person shooter games online for years, and within that universe I must have killed hundreds of thousands. If video games make people kill in real life, then I must be a genocidal murderer by now.

If a guy is having trouble separating the fantasy world from the real, violent video games are the least of our worry.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

Queen wrote:I haven't played a video game since Frogger in the 80's, so no clue what they're about. I'm more concerned about a generation (or two) of kids growing up indoors. Getting out in nature and being part of that would do great things for the kids who spend their lives wired in.
I work with loads of kids whose exposure to nature falls between the car and the front door.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

FWIW, they don't ban all gun parts, but have for some time banned AR/AK related stuff- I've bought holsters, optics, etc through Amazon, most recently a different mount for my Burris Fastfire. Public companies have to deal with public pressure, and the #1 goal is to not have drama that will impact sales. So astro-turf.org's can be successful in bending them to their will with press releases, attending annual meetings, etc. Is it stupid? Yep.

At the same time, it's a very, very small percentage of their revenue, so I understand the why behind the what. More hassle than it's worth
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Queen wrote:

Video games...why not the news, our governments resolution to world conflict, and sports all involve force and violence. They all are reactive. Perhaps a closer look at root causes.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote:
Queen wrote:

Video games...why not the news, our governments resolution to world conflict, and sports all involve force and violence. They all are reactive. Perhaps a closer look at root causes.
He said because the games involve endless violence - shooting, maiming, torure, without seeing real life consequences, it made them prone to shooting others and viewing it as a game, also without consequence.

officedog wrote:
lurker wrote:
officedog wrote: Yes, plenty. Half my career went into making some of them.
cool, got any suggestions?
You should play "Never Alone / Kisima Ingitchuna" :)

Another game I really like is "Firewatch". I only wish I could have been a tiny part of that brilliance.
downloaded firewatch, looking into "Never Alone". they look interesting, thanks!
i'm retired. what's your excuse?