357 windacator 4 inch

A place to review and talk about firearms, ammunition, optics, etc.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

irishman
Loquacious

357 windacator 4 inch

#1 Post by irishman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:33 pm

Does anyone here have one ? if so what kind of quality ? Wold only shoot 38s in but I figured 357/38 for resale if I don't like it.. Any thoughts ?

Simmer down
Site Admin

Re: 357 windacator 4 inch

#2 Post by Simmer down » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:40 pm

They seem like stout guns. Do you still have wrist and hand issues?
Image Image Image
Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

DwnRange
Been around awhile

#3 Post by DwnRange » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:05 pm

I'd find a gently used S&W, Ruger or a Taurus to buy before I'd buy a NIB Excrementcator, but then I have actually read about them in a lot of forums and the pot-metal "alloy" frame does not instill much confidence in this particular possible "hand" cannon.

senorgrand
Carpal Tunnel

#4 Post by senorgrand » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:22 pm

Ruger Security Sixes can be had for a song. Great bang for the buck. No experience with the Windacator.

One thing to consider though...one of the great things about revolvers is that different grips fit different people on the same gun. I would hesitate to buy a revolver without a good selection of aftermarket grips unless the fit (for you) is already perfect.

Release the tapes!

Marlene
Loquacious

#5 Post by Marlene » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:28 pm

Don't know anything about the Wndicator. I do know that the similarly priced Armscor revolvers have a reputation for solidity. Something else to consider possibly.

irishman
Loquacious

#6 Post by irishman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Simmer down wrote:They seem like stout guns. Do you still have wrist and hand issues?

Oh yes still have good old arthritis, but I do shoot 9mm most of the time Glock 19,26.43, S&W shield, i am able to handle them pretty well ! just always wanted a revolver, Why I don't know.....

lurker
Carpal Tunnel

#7 Post by lurker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:47 pm

is this windicator anything like an anemometer, or more of a wind sock?
covfefe!

irishman
Loquacious

#8 Post by irishman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:48 pm

DwnRange wrote:I'd find a gently used S&W, Ruger or a Taurus to buy before I'd buy a NIB Excrementcator, but then I have actually read about them in a lot of forums and the pot-metal "alloy" frame does not instill much confidence in this particular possible "hand" cannon.

Good Point !

irishman
Loquacious

#9 Post by irishman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Marlene wrote:Don't know anything about the Wndicator. I do know that the similarly priced Armscor revolvers have a reputation for solidity. Something else to consider possibly.

Thanks for info !

Marlene
Loquacious

#10 Post by Marlene » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Also worth checking if that batch of ex-Canadian police S&W Model 10s is still floating around. They were a deal.

irishman
Loquacious

#11 Post by irishman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:52 pm

senorgrand wrote:Ruger Security Sixes can be had for a song. Great bang for the buck. No experience with the Windacator.

One thing to consider though...one of the great things about revolvers is that different grips fit different people on the same gun. I would hesitate to buy a revolver without a good selection of aftermarket grips unless the fit (for you) is already perfect.

Good point will look on gun broker, thanks

irishman
Loquacious

#12 Post by irishman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:55 pm

DwnRange wrote:I'd find a gently used S&W, Ruger or a Taurus to buy before I'd buy a NIB Excrementcator, but then I have actually read about them in a lot of forums and the pot-metal "alloy" frame does not instill much confidence in this particular possible "hand" cannon.

thanks, good point....

TheViking
Loquacious

#13 Post by TheViking » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:55 pm

+4 or however many we're up to. EAA is just a distributor/importer of multiple overseas brands and while the Witness series made by Tanfoglio in Italy are excellent, I wouldn't be so sure about the German-made Weihrauchs.

Might seem counter-intuitive but in Europe Weihrauch is best known for cheap gas/blank/starter guns, not actual firearms.

The frame of the Windicator is listed as "alloy" but EAA also mentions that they are not legal in states with a "melting point law" a.k.a. Saturday Night Special ban - so I suspect it's more likely some ZAMAK-ish alloy rather than a high quality aluminum alloy...

As mentioned, you can get a used, older S&W or Ruger for about the same as MSRP of the Windicator. If you go for a .38, you can usually save a lot since everyone wants .357s.

I paid less than $400 for an ex-police S&W Model 15 a year or two ago - steel frame, solid as a tank, more holster wear than mechanical wear, has adjustable sights (unlike the Windicator) and it even came with a police grade leather holster and speed loader carrier.
Image Image

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#14 Post by highdesert » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:55 pm

European American Armory imports the Windicator from Weihrauch a German company. Weihrauch primarily makes air guns, alarm guns etc. I agree, you're much better off with a Ruger or S&W.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

irishman
Loquacious

#15 Post by irishman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:47 pm

Well Okay, sounds like good solid advice, I will shite on the eaa and focus on a smith or ruger, i may just trade my Sig p938 in on a Ruger GP100, I like the weight of it and I think that will do a lot for the recoil, plus if I decide it's not for me it will be easy to sell !

CDFingers
Carpal Tunnel

#16 Post by CDFingers » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:11 am

If I had any money and listened to y'all, I'd be broke. Buncha enablers... :o

CDFingers
ImageImage
Like I told you--what I said:
Steal your face right off your head.

dandad
Carpal Tunnel

#17 Post by dandad » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:13 pm

CDFingers wrote:If I had any money and listened to y'all, I'd be broke. Buncha enablers... :o

CDFingers
They often do go straight for the higher prices and even top of the line , and not consider budget constraints a lot of the time. Lol.

Not always, but often.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

TheViking
Loquacious

#18 Post by TheViking » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:50 pm

dandad wrote:
CDFingers wrote:If I had any money and listened to y'all, I'd be broke. Buncha enablers... :o

CDFingers
They often do go straight for the higher prices and even top of the line , and not consider budget constraints a lot of the time. Lol.

Not always, but often.

Hey, I just pointed out that I'd rather have a used S&W or Ruger than a new Weihrauch for the same price :D
Image Image

dandad
Carpal Tunnel

#19 Post by dandad » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:03 pm

TheViking wrote:
dandad wrote:

CDFingers

Not always, but often.

Hey, I just pointed out that I'd rather have a used S&W or Ruger than a new Weihrauch for the same price :D
Thats why specifically said.

Not always.. LoL

This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

TheViking
Loquacious

#20 Post by TheViking » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:20 pm

dandad wrote:
TheViking wrote:
dandad wrote:

CDFingers

Not always, but often.

Thats why specifically said.

Not always.. LoL

...now, about those Manurhins and Korths...
Image Image