Re: Belts...Recommendations?

My EDC belt is 1/4" thick leather, 1 1/4" width. I would not buy something online unless it gives the thickness dimension, as it can look nice on the screen but be woefully thin and poor quality when it arrives at your door. These need to be looked at in person - I've had good luck as second hand stores if you're looking for less expensive than $60 or $90 or more for decent leather.

My tactical belt is whatever woven nylon Cabela's makes, 1 1/2" for I think it was $35, their equivalent to the 5.11. I find it stiff and uncomfortable for every day wear, so it's for competition and holster training at home.
-Kat
Illinois Chapter President
LGC Certified Instructor, Intro to Pistol and Range Safety

I have old solid belt buckles I like, so I just replace the leather from tandy when they wear out. I dye them or natural finish them .

But for everyday wear i found some wide semi stiff fabric reversible belts for around $12 at Walmart that work amazingly well. This one is around 2 years old now.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

I have and use DeSantis Econo Belt E25 - have two - one for my not so fat days and the other for fat days. They work well, are inexpensive and my not so fat days is approaching 5-yo and stiil works well (used the most). Don't think I've paid more that $18 including shipping and tax. I seldom ever leave the house without one or the other. I do on occasion swap buckles to use one of my fancy western buckles.

They worked well with IWB, which I no longer do, and just as well with OWB, which is the only way I carry now, whether large, medium, or small pistol.

https://www.amazon.com/Desantis-Econo-B ... B00BPII5OO
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

I've been wearing 5.11 leather casual belt, and it has been working fine. It has a built-in stiffener, so it's quite rigid. Unfortunately the stiffener broke in a couple of places, but I blame myself for forcing the belt on during my fat days.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

Thorian wrote:
pokute wrote:You don't need a six pack when you wear a Sam Browne! But it helps to squint (yeah, I know... Couldn't find a good pic of him with the SB):
Finger on the trigger and thumb on the hammer. Nice. :huh:
Wax in his cartridges and wax in his ears, too. I suppose you'd tell Ed McGivern that shooting ping pong balls off his wife's head was dangerous? I'd say you'd be safer with Ol' Bill thumbing and Ol' Ed shooting flies off your mustache than... Well, just about anything.