Something old something new

just discovered BME mounts and he actually makes a nice mount for a SW Model 52 that I can put a micro red dot on. Need to zero yet but I love the look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

Re: Something old something new

Thats the gun I shot a hole in my parents kitchen ceiling with by accident, putting the fear of gun safety into my soul. It wasnt the guns fault. I traded it to an Illinois State. Cop I knew for a model 66s combat 357 .

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Edit. My bad... I lied. I had a model 39, 9mm. Not a 52.

They look similar
Last edited by dandad on Mon May 01, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Oh definitely. I had a ton of fun with the dot on Shinzen's CZ and I covet Paladin's 52 so deeply that I can barely control myself.

I meant my comment as encouragement to Shinzen, who mistakenly thinks I'm as much better a shot than him as I was several years ago (and he has since improved way more than I have).

There is a belief among silhouette shooters that once you start using a dot or a scope, you lose the ability to use iron sights. I'm not sure I believe it, but I'm not going to do the experiment. If your eyes are bad enough so you NEED it, fine. I shot once with a red dot. It was a little too easy. Ooh, I have the target... 20 yards, offhand, 22 caliber pellet pistol (I assure you I cannot repeat that with iron sights):
Attachments
22-Pellet-Target_20-Yards-Offhand_May-2012.jpg

I very seriously doubt that. Been using a red dot for years on my AR and it hasn't impacted my ability to shoot with irons in the slightest. In fact my groups on both rifle and pistol continue to improve regardless of the type of sight. Urban legends and whatnot. More likely is that people who HAVE to switch to red dots due to vision issues in the first place have a much harder time because their vision is degrading. Nothing to do with the sight.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

I shoot the LGC bullseye challenges with both a red dot on my Ruger 2245 and iron sights on my Browning Challenger. The scores are very consistent and sometimes better with the latter pistol.

Of course, when I shoot with irons, I use a Merritt pinhole or shooting classes corrected to bring the front sight in am hopeless with my varifocals.