Of all places to find a deal

I'm not used to finding really good prices at big box stores, so I was keeping my expectations low.

Cabela's is selling Anderson Manufacturing AR's for $399.99. Our cheapest local gun shop has the same rifle for $559.00. So, I was leary...but bought one anyway.

Pleasantly surprised. I mounted a Nikon P223 3x32 in high rings and then put the whole rig on top of two QD risers. I zero'd the scope at 50 yards with plain ole' Winchester USA 55 grn. FMJ. Then backed off a bit and tried it at 100 yards. By then I was getting snarky and only had 40 rounds left, so I patched up all the holes and backed off to the 400 yard line. I shot from the prone position using sandbags (I'm not the young studly Marine I once was :( ), and got the following result.
IMG_0098.JPG
Either the rifle, my old wobbly self, or both, are not up to consistently hitting that lil' square on the top at that distance...but we gave it a go anyway. :)

I'm not at all disappointed in my little $400 toy. And the sale is still on, if anyone else wants one.
If it's still there when you turn on the light, then you can worry about it
~Grandma~

Re: Of all places to find a deal

Did you purchase in-store, or is this online only?
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Re: Of all places to find a deal

I've built four sub $400 ARs with el cheapo Anderson lowers and PSA uppers since the Great Gun Salesman was replaced by the Great Pumpkin. They all function fine and are as accurate as any I used while enlisted.

If you've ever wanted an AR, now is the time.

KYMjoeP if that target was green you would only have had to hit it once. ;)
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese