Re: Beretta 3032 Tomcat

I have one, aluminum frame - seven rounds in the mag and the barrel tips up to load the eighth round. SA/DA with a manual safety so you can carry it cocked and locked. Very easy to field strip and clean. Don't dry fire without a snap cap, I did and had to replace a firing pin. DeSantis has a great IWB holster for it, I think I bought it on Amazon. I've conceal carried with it outside of CA. There was a problem with cracking frames. I've never experienced it, I bought mine new. Everything I've read cautions not to use hot loads, I just use regular off the shelf 32 ACP. Marlene is right eyeball it well, a flashlight and magnifying glass are helpful. I'd like to find a Beretta Bobcat 22lr, they're not on the CA Roster so I've been looking used.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I had the Bobcat. It was a nice gun but keep in mind that the safety is right hand only.

Also, you'll want to buy a smoking jacket and a brandy snifter once you have a Beretta that tiny.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

KlownKannon wrote:I had the Bobcat. It was a nice gun but keep in mind that the safety is right hand only.

Also, you'll want to buy a smoking jacket and a brandy snifter once you have a Beretta that tiny.
:roflmao:
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Beretta 3032 Tomcat

I stopped by on my way back from the office. The gun is clean and does not look like it has been abused. Bore is fine. Some loss of the bluing ( more like some generic black finish) in places that look like holster wear.

I took the slide off with some difficulty that I put down to pilot error. I did not remove the mag when I tried to push it back far enough to release the front catch. Got it off and inspected the slide and frame. No cracks on either.

I’m not fond of the fact that it has no decocker. I would need to lower the hammer on a loaded chamber or tip the barrel up and then lower the hammer. The safety is a little stiff too.

Will have to think about this one since I really have no need for it. It is a cute little bug though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good thing I'm not close by. My impulse control can be fairly poor when it comes to things I want for no good reason. I almost stopped by the LGS last night as it was right on my way to pick up some bearings, but I thought better of it. That could have been a very expensive trip to get bearings.

Bucolic, go ahead and get it. 32 caliber guns are cool and sexy!!!! After a while, if you decide you don't like it, I'll buy it from you at what you paid for it. How's that?
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Bucolic wrote:I stopped by on my way back from the office. The gun is clean and doest look like it has been abused. Bore is fine. Some loss of the bluing ( more like some generic black finish) in places that look like holster wear.

I took the slide off with some difficulty that I put down to pilot error. I did not remove the mag when I tried to push it back far enough to release the front catch. Got it off and inspected the slide and frame. No cracks on either.

I’m not fond of the fact that it has no decocker. I would need to lower the hammer on a loaded chamber or tip the barrel up and then lower the hammer. The safety is a little stiff too.

Will have to think about this one since I really have no need for it. It is a cute little bug though.

It's a little different removing the slide because of the popup barrel but nothing to take apart once you get the slide off. The safety on mine was stiff when I bought it new, it gets better with use. Prior owner probably didn't use the manual safety or as you mentioned loaded the barrel when the hammer was down. As Marlene said they are great little shooters - it's a Beretta. No pressure from me, small pistols are an individual decision.

Beretta 3032 Tomcat

I went back today, intending to buy it but, after a critical reassessment and given that I could not get the price I wanted, I decided not to. It was a little loose and the barrel did not seem to latch down as tightly as I would want.

Thanks for all the information and opinions but I decided I don’t need another project right now and I really don’t think I have a need for it given that I have a couple subcompacts already.

Bucolic wrote:I went back today, intending to buy it but, after a critical reassessment and given that I could not get the price I wanted, I decided not to. It was a little loose and the barrel did not seem to latch down as tightly as I would want.

Thanks for all the information and opinions but I decided I don’t need another project right now and I really don’t think I have a need for it given that I have a couple subcompacts already.
You're smart, if it's not the right gun then pass on it. There will be others.

I used to own one of those. I sold it back when I needed the money, not because I didn't want it. I actually preferred it to the Kel-tec pocket pistols because I prefer to carry what I think is called Israeli style (empty chamber) and then rack the slide just prior to use. It's actually more suited, I believe, to that kind of carry because the recoil spring is in the grip and racking the slide is quick and easy for old farts. Just be advised that the action is blowback so if you are practicing make sure to clean it before reholstering.

Now that I'm an older fart I carry a 5 shot Ruger LCR .38 Special +P with the top chamber empty and 2 speedloaders.

Those little top-break Berettas look neat. Still, I'm a believer in trusting your instincts. Folks are right, there will be others. Good call on passing on it. Don't worry, though: We'll all be here to help you justify your next purchase, whatever it might be. :)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

I have one. They are great little guns. You do not carry them cocked and locked. The extreme Defender ammo from Lehigh defense works great in them, and makes the .32 like a 380 practically speaking. They are great and a jacket pocket, but a little bit thick for pants pocket carrying. A very durable pistol. The Inox model with wood grips really looks sharp.

Bucolic wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:33 am I stopped by on my way back from the office. The gun is clean and does not look like it has been abused. Bore is fine. Some loss of the bluing ( more like some generic black finish) in places that look like holster wear.

Okay. On the decocker non-issue. Simply tilt the barrel up and then pull the trigger or decock. With barrel up it's safe.

The last gun I gave my father before he passed was a Tomcat. It was always easy to buy presents for him. He'd give you the model number if not the serial number of what he wanted. He got a wallet holster for the pistol and it completely disappeared on him. He had no qualms about the effectiveness of a .32 cal.
I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT

Tedzilla wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:34 pm The last gun I gave my father before he passed was a Tomcat. It was always easy to buy presents for him. He'd give you the model number if not the serial number of what he wanted. He got a wallet holster for the pistol and it completely disappeared on him. He had no qualms about the effectiveness of a .32 cal.
i can just imagine some cretin barging up and saying "give me your wallet, uh, never mind".
i'm retired. what's your excuse?