Panic buying?

Is it just me? I have noticed prices of popular firearms & ammo going up and ammo out of stock online. Is this just a seasonal thing that happens after people get tax refunds or something more?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Re: Panic buying?

I thought the right was just dismissing all these protestors, not claiming they would "take away our guns".

Oh, well. ARs were far cheaper than I have ever seen, so I picked up my first & only direct impingement AR-15 cheap. Ammo prices for it, however, are not dropping.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

The right wing will preach that liberals are after their guns like the Obama era and anti-gun types will cheer that ammo prices are going up. And ammo manufacturers and sellers will reap the profits. The games.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Agreed! The rich get richer either way.

Just found some good 223 prices for plinking ammo. There goes the money for my next CZ!

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I think there's been a noticeable increase in the price of low-end imported AKs, up maybe $100 for WASRs/N-PAPs since the Parkland shooting and AWB revival talk - but import rifle waves/droughts can do weird things to prices sometimes, so, meh. All this makes me want to get rid of my least-favorite surplus bolt gun(s) and turn that money/safe space into a Yugo AK while they're still cheap, but... [to self] don't panic!

ETA: the out of stock thing is definitely true for semi-auto rifles and a few other things that accept 30+ round mags. Several I've been thinking about for the last year or two went from always in stock, often on sale to... gone, along with most of the sales. I haven't seen CCW handguns jump in price or go out of stock, though.
Morale was deteriorating and it was all Yossarian's fault. The country was in peril; he was jeopardizing his traditional rights of freedom and independence by daring to exercise them.