Firearm Personality Types

A place to review and talk about firearms, ammunition, optics, etc.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

Message
Author
User avatar
HuckleberryFun
Loquacious
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Firearm Personality Types

#1 Post by HuckleberryFun » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:39 am

It’s commonly accepted that different personality types are drawn to different types of firearms.
The handy reference chart below is one man’s opinion that manages to offend just about everybody.
F4745DC7-0737-4A70-9370-166AE5305ACA.jpeg
ImageImage
I’m not your Sherpa, so find your own way and carry your own baggage.

User avatar
lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 10462
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:00 pm
Location: spencer, nc.
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#2 Post by lurker » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:35 pm

no garand, krag or trapdoor. :(
:wacko:

User avatar
HuckleberryFun
Loquacious
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#3 Post by HuckleberryFun » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:29 pm

lurker wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:35 pm
no garand, krag or trapdoor. :(
Well, that’s just too much personality for some people to handle, I guess. :w00t:
ImageImage
I’m not your Sherpa, so find your own way and carry your own baggage.

User avatar
Eris
Moderator
Posts: 2767
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 11:54 am
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#4 Post by Eris » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:26 pm

Wow, yeah, whoever made that has some problems. It's like he intentionally set out to be as crude and insulting to as many people as he possibly could. Even get's in a random swipe at gay people.
88+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

User avatar
K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 5524
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: LGC Member: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#5 Post by K9s » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:34 pm

Those are typical Mosin Nagant lover memes. Look at the Mosin description in it. Here is another very old pro-Mosin meme from back when Mosins were $60 and AKs were affordable.

Image
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

User avatar
highdesert
Carpal Tunnel
Posts: 13309
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:54 pm
Location: Biggest state on the Left Coast
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#6 Post by highdesert » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:27 pm

Another spin on the topic, personality type by the pistol brand.
http://paratus.info/2017/02/23/firearm- ... indicator/

The anti-gunners might take it seriously but we don't. :lol:
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

User avatar
K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 5524
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: LGC Member: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#7 Post by K9s » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:46 pm

highdesert wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Another spin on the topic, personality type by the pistol brand.
http://paratus.info/2017/02/23/firearm- ... indicator/

The anti-gunners might take it seriously but we don't. :lol:
And, of course, the last entry betrays the author's bias. :)
.38 Special Snubnose – you are a master operator who ends all violent confrontations in 5 shots or less. In fact, you don’t even need a firearm to be dangerous, which is why you keep it locked in the safe. Reloading is for amateurs and try-hards who can’t shoot straight. You know that semi-automatics are a passing fad, and that all shall return to the Church of the Wheel Gun…in time. Using sights are a dangerous fantasy, since all gun fights happen at 3 meters or contact distance. You can kill a Mastodon with a plastic spork.
While all these are funny, they really push the heterosexual manliness fantasy of gun ownership.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

User avatar
YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 8221
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 pm
Location: The Jughandle State
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#8 Post by YankeeTarheel » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:00 pm

HuckleberryFun wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:39 am
It’s commonly accepted that different personality types are drawn to different types of firearms.
The handy reference chart below is one man’s opinion that manages to offend just about everybody.

F4745DC7-0737-4A70-9370-166AE5305ACA.jpeg
Lemme see: I have the Beretta CX4 Storm--and am a BSG fan (only the JJAbrams re-boot), and a Marlin but in .357.

What's NOT there (and I'm HIGHLY OFFENDED!!! :oops: :evil: :evil: :evilmad: ) is the Kel-Tec Sub2000!

:bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." -- Mark Twain
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

User avatar
K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 5524
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: LGC Member: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#9 Post by K9s » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:15 pm

They left the S2K off the list because it is far too awesome and no one could adequately describe such intelligent and thoughtful owners.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

User avatar
YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 8221
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 pm
Location: The Jughandle State
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#10 Post by YankeeTarheel » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:23 pm

K9s wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:15 pm
They left the S2K off the list because it is far too awesome and no one could adequately describe such intelligent and thoughtful owners.
Oh, that's SUCH a crock of shit :shit: :lol: :laugh: but thank you for the compliment! :clap: :beer2:

I really like my S2K despite its ideosyncracies and more recoil for 9mm Luger than most hand guns!
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." -- Mark Twain
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

User avatar
HuckleberryFun
Loquacious
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#11 Post by HuckleberryFun » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:10 pm

Eris wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:26 pm
Wow, yeah, whoever made that has some problems. It's like he intentionally set out to be as crude and insulting to as many people as he possibly could. Even get's in a random swipe at gay people.
Yes, I know. The random gay people swipe did not get past me either, but I knew it would get y’all talkin’. ;)
Mosins are the only rifle you can say anything good about? Better than my “too heavy” M1A? Hah!
(Too heavy? Ummm...get off the couch and try more PT.) Opinionated gun people are so funny.

PS— As it turns out, 5.56 WAS just a “passing fad”.... :laugh:
Last edited by HuckleberryFun on Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
I’m not your Sherpa, so find your own way and carry your own baggage.

User avatar
YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 8221
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 pm
Location: The Jughandle State
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#12 Post by YankeeTarheel » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:13 pm

Gun people, motorcycle people (esp H-D people), musician people, swimming pool people are ALL opinionated! You should see how swimming pool owners fight over the "best" kind of filter! (Sand, DE, or Cartridge). :roflmao:
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." -- Mark Twain
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

User avatar
HuckleberryFun
Loquacious
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#13 Post by HuckleberryFun » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:15 pm

YankeeTarheel wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:13 pm
Gun people, motorcycle people (esp H-D people), musician people, swimming pool people are ALL opinionated! You should see how swimming pool owners fight over the "best" kind of filter! (Sand, DE, or Cartridge). :roflmao:
I have no opinions. :rolleyes:
ImageImage
I’m not your Sherpa, so find your own way and carry your own baggage.

User avatar
YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 8221
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 pm
Location: The Jughandle State
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#14 Post by YankeeTarheel » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:19 pm

HuckleberryFun wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:15 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:13 pm
Gun people, motorcycle people (esp H-D people), musician people, swimming pool people are ALL opinionated! You should see how swimming pool owners fight over the "best" kind of filter! (Sand, DE, or Cartridge). :roflmao:
I have no opinions. :rolleyes:
IOW, you don't have a motorcycle, guitar (that you play), or a swimming pool! :lol:
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." -- Mark Twain
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

User avatar
HuckleberryFun
Loquacious
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#15 Post by HuckleberryFun » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:33 pm

YankeeTarheel wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:19 pm
HuckleberryFun wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:15 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:13 pm
Gun people, motorcycle people (esp H-D people), musician people, swimming pool people are ALL opinionated! You should see how swimming pool owners fight over the "best" kind of filter! (Sand, DE, or Cartridge). :roflmao:
I have no opinions. :rolleyes:
IOW, you don't have a motorcycle, guitar (that you play), or a swimming pool! :lol:
Busted! :laugh:
ImageImage
I’m not your Sherpa, so find your own way and carry your own baggage.

User avatar
Marlene
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 4983
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#16 Post by Marlene » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:02 pm

yay racism
Image

User avatar
K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 5524
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: LGC Member: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#17 Post by K9s » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:20 pm

Marlene wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:02 pm
yay racism
Geez, I didn't read that first post because I remembered seeing that meme before. I went back and now see what you mean.

Why is so much of the gun culture so far-right?
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

User avatar
lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 10462
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:00 pm
Location: spencer, nc.
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#18 Post by lurker » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:36 pm

silly memes. meh.
:wacko:

User avatar
HuckleberryFun
Loquacious
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#19 Post by HuckleberryFun » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:56 pm

Marlene wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:02 pm
yay racism
Oops. I missed that. Sorry. I would not have posted it. :oops:
ImageImage
I’m not your Sherpa, so find your own way and carry your own baggage.

User avatar
Marlene
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 4983
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#20 Post by Marlene » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:00 pm

to be precise, the racism, antisemitism, homophobia trifecta

the charm abounds
Image

User avatar
max129
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:35 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#21 Post by max129 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:24 pm

I read today in WAPO that I am a ‘Fudd’. I like old school hunting rifles with wood stocks.
Image

User avatar
max129
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:35 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#22 Post by max129 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:24 pm

I read today in WAPO that I am a ‘Fudd’. I like old school hunting rifles with wood stocks.
Image

User avatar
K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 5524
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: LGC Member: Georgia
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#23 Post by K9s » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:30 pm

max129 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:24 pm
I read today in WAPO that I am a ‘Fudd’. I like old school hunting rifles with wood stocks.
I'll be a Fudd any day versus Tacticool or Mall Ninja.

The word "Tactical" to describe pens, pants, flashlights, T-Shirts, etc has become a punchline in this house. "So Tactical!"
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

Paratus85
Helpful Contributor
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:27 am
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#24 Post by Paratus85 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:36 am

K9s wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:46 pm
highdesert wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Another spin on the topic, personality type by the pistol brand.
http://paratus.info/2017/02/23/firearm- ... indicator/

The anti-gunners might take it seriously but we don't. :lol:
And, of course, the last entry betrays the author's bias. :)
.38 Special Snubnose – you are a master operator who ends all violent confrontations in 5 shots or less. In fact, you don’t even need a firearm to be dangerous, which is why you keep it locked in the safe. Reloading is for amateurs and try-hards who can’t shoot straight. You know that semi-automatics are a passing fad, and that all shall return to the Church of the Wheel Gun…in time. Using sights are a dangerous fantasy, since all gun fights happen at 3 meters or contact distance. You can kill a Mastodon with a plastic spork.
While all these are funny, they really push the heterosexual manliness fantasy of gun ownership.
Good morning all,

So, I am the offending author of this particular tongue-in-cheek attempt at humour. As well as the owner and editor of the website in question (for my sins). My own personal biases against .38 Special snubbies aside (there is a long and sad story behind that, for another time), I find the last comment interesting.

My reference framework for firearm ownership is in the South African context. It is still very much dominated by what you may call a heterosexual manliness component of society, although that is rapidly changing on this side of the water. And that is indeed a good thing. The difficulty with satire of this nature, is that I need to stereotype to a large extent to make it work. Now, if I can include more people to offend, so much the better.

If you have any comments and suggestions on what would constitute more liberal stereotypes in the firearm world, please tell me so that I can bring out a liberal edition of this piece, and so-doing cause required offence within yet another population segment :) I live to please, after all.

Cheers all!

User avatar
lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 10462
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:00 pm
Location: spencer, nc.
Contact:

Re: Firearm Personality Types

#25 Post by lurker » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:38 am

:welcome:
good morning, stranger.
we generally prefer new members to go make themselves an intro post, here:
viewforum.php?f=37 (note the new topic button)
where you can tell us such things as where you are located and what you like to shoot and how you became aware of us without embroiling yourself in an ongoing controversy. and we like pictures, too, especially of your guns.
meanwhile your concerns about how to express self-deprecating humor without denigrating others are valid and worth discussing. many of us have linguistic and literary bents and enjoy wordplay. me, i'm just verbose. as you can see in this very thread, some of us are more sensitive to and aware of the potential for abusive language than others. let's talk.
:wacko:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests