Re: shopping list for jan 2021

beginning to research next months' shopping list. i want to lighten the polytech, mostly to offset the added cheek rest and bipod and scope. i'v looked at stocks and stock "systems"and bullpup stocks, and short of spending several hundred $ the best i can get is an oz or three. worst case adds 2 lbs. maybe later. so i'm looking for metal i can get off of this thing, and the most likely candidate is the steel USGI buttpad with shoulder rest. like on the garand (in fact i hear the garand pad will fit, except for the cutout for the hinge) and still allow use of the buttstock storage holes. i'm a decent woodworker, so i suspect i could make a filler for the hinge.
but then there's the rubber buttpad, accepted late in the m14 development cycle for use on the m14e2 automatic rifle, which unfortunately blocks the storage which i never use anyway. now that i know what i'm looking for,
https://www.kbtacticalstar.com/index.ph ... uct_id=226
i'm seeing these all over the web, varying in price from 8 to 40 dollars. one site says 3.9 oz. all appear to be exactly the same item, so naturally i'll trend toward the $8, maybe $12 end of the range. i guess i need to weigh them all and see if there's a real benefit.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?