New Bag

Every couple of years I have to take my bag down to C Bar D Feeds and get a new one sewn on. We just stuff the remains of the last one down into a new feed sack, and the young man there just sews it shut for ten bucks. It's stuffed with recycled shrink wrap.

Now to puncture it.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: New Bag

Your blank bag makes me think that you need to make a stencil of a buck or a turkey or something like that.
The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired...

-Washington: Art. I, § 24 (enacted 1889)

The trouble with using shrink wrap in a bag is that the arrows' weight pulls them down. This gives more opportunity for arrows to hit each other, and they break. For this reason I use a plastic gallon jug for the actual target. When the arrow goes in, it sticks straight out, so I only end up breaking nocks. I've only done one Robin Hood which took two arrows out of circulation. But I put them up on my wall, so that's cool.

Here is the newly punctured bag with the arrows sticking straight out.

Ah, Shindig in black and white. Memories from the dim dark days nearly beyond recall.

CDFingers

With these kinds of flurshinger archery bags made of feed sacks, we have to know when it's time to go down to C bar D feeds and get a new one sewn on.

So far the hole on the front is only big enough for the little cat. When both of them can fit in there, it's time to turn the bag around. And when both can fit in the second hole, it's time to get a new one sewn on.

This is what archery bags are for during northern California rain delays in archery shooting.

Keep on shooting--don't quit, even if you don't post.

CDFingers