My Robin Hoods

The very last arrow of a routine practice session with the recurve. I shoot my best, yellow, arrows last to minimize the chance they'll get injured. This aluminum arrow dates back at least fifteen years.

Here's the whole thing. I took it apart and just put the aluminum one up on my wall next to my other Robin Hood--from 2009!

Fun city.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: My second Robin Hood

nigel wrote:I hear a horn sounding in the forest.
Actually, I have a connection. The borough in which I grew up contains Robin Hood's grave.
https://lowercalderlegends.wordpress.co ... -part-one/
“There are scandalous reports in circulation about the nuns
That's pretty much how it is in my backyard, too, but the buildings are younger.

CDFingers

Here's one from today that missed it by that > < much. You can see where it took some aluminum from the cone just off center, then hit the edge of the shaft, stripped the fletch, and passed by.

I'm going to file the metal back down, glue on another nock, put on another fletch, and work that bad boy again. Probably never do this with a carbon arrow. Sure, they're faster. I'm needing another half dozen. Deciding because splinters. Don't know yet.

CDFingers

It's been quite a while since I'd gotten a Robin Hood. I sort of wore my right elbow such that I went to a release from fingers. Took a while to get used to. This is with the release while holding the bow in my left hand. I still shoot with fingers when I hold the bow in my right hand. No recent 'Hoods from that side, though.

P1010103.JPG

P1010104.JPG

Six bucks an arrow. I may just leave the pieced one on my wall...

CDFingers

P1010142.JPG
P1010148.JPG

These are really tough arrows. They have a plastic coat with the wood grain over the actual carbon arrow, so they're tough. Running low on 500 spine arrows. May have to go to the bone yard and repair a half dozen.

CDFingers