All but one

I haven't posted in this forum for a while--seems there are not many archers among us.

This is what happens when you shoot a couple times a week, every week, for quite a while. I missed one, you see it on the right there, just a gnat's eyelash off the jug. Recurve shot with fingers at 27 yards.
P1010208.JPG
I should shoot pistols this often.

If you're a shooter, you get good if you shoot often and consistently.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: All but one

Nice work. Have a recurve myself. Wanted to take it out this archery season, but didn't get any practice in. At least I have my hunting license now, so will get serious over the summer. Just need to find a range around here, the neighbors would get a little nervous if I was messing around in the back yard.

Re: All but one

I live in a city and shoot in my back yard. Archery is pretty quiet. Well, this jug has plenty holes, so it's quiet now. But new jugs give quite a whack when I hit them. My neighbor says I pound things. I say I do. I also pound things. She hears pounding when the jug is new. Who am I to shatter her illusion?

The key is to not miss the bag. Back in the 90's I missed the bag. Went through the back cedar fence, across the alley, through the neighbor's cedar fence, and hid itself in the lawn. "Say, one of my arrows is in your back yard. Can I get it?" "Sure." That was cool. So I put up a piece of scrap 3/4 inch ply. Make sure I always hit the bag. Miss a couple times a year, though. Parallel pliers to pull the arrows from out the plywood. Tap it from the back 'till you can't tap it any more. Then pull from the front.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack