Columbus, OH Ranges?

Local groups of LGC members. Plan meetings, organize affiliate organizations, etc.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

PizzaOps
Helpful Contributor

Columbus, OH Ranges?

#1 Post by PizzaOps » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:55 pm

Hi folks! I'm on my way to Ohio from Oregon at the moment to visit my boyfriend! They've never fired a gun and I'm excited to teach them. It looks like most ranges in Ohio will allow you to rent a gun without bringing one of your own, as long as you aren't by yourself (e.g. a party of two or more).

Can anybody recommend a friendly, minimally fashy range in the Columbus area? 43201 zip code is the general area I'll be in.

Thanks so much!

AZAndy
Been around awhile

Re: Columbus, OH Ranges?

#2 Post by AZAndy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:34 am

Columbus isn't overflowing with ranges. There used to be, and may still be, a city regulation that made opening a gun store nearly impossible. The stores that exist are technically outside Columbus, like Vance's on Cleveland Avenue, which doesn't have a range. The only range in town I'm familiar with is LEPD, which is fairly new. I shot there last June. Their website: https://www.lepd.com/ It's on Bethel Road. It's a good-sized shop with a nice selection of firearms and related stuff, and they do have rentals. I brought my own so I don't know what kind of variety they have for rent. From the 43201 area, which is near OSU, it will take about twenty minutes to get to if you hop onto 315N.

(I was born there and grew up there, and go back to visit every other year, which is how an Arizonan knows about Columbus.)
Reunite Pangea!