Colt's Dragoon and pistol I made.

Here is a Colt 1st model Dragoon.
It is a second generation Colt made in 1980.
It shoots very nicely with a load of 38 grains of 3F , a greased felt wad and a .454 round ball.
Really puts a SMACK! on gongs.
The bottom pistol is one that I made to go with my Hawken Rifle pictured in a earlier post.
It is .54 caliber. The barrel is an old rifle barrel that had been cut down.
A maple stock cut from a plank.
The lock has been converted from flint to percussion.
The hammer is antique.
It was made from spare parts from around the shop.
My load is 40 grains of 2F , .15 patch and a .530 round ball.
Out to 20 yards or so it does the trick.
Thanks for looking.
Andy
Follow me, I am the Infantry.
Attachments
DSC06041.jpg

Re: Colt's Dragoon and pistol I made.

Wow, you made that handheld thunder stick? That is darn impressive! Even more impressive would be a video of you hitting something with it!

The Colt on top and the title immediately reminds one of Tuco...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

AndyinEverson wrote:Here is a Colt 1st model Dragoon.
It is a second generation Colt made in 1980.
It shoots very nicely with a load of 38 grains of 3F , a greased felt wad and a .454 round ball.
Really puts a SMACK! on gongs.
The bottom pistol is one that I made to go with my Hawken Rifle pictured in a earlier post.
It is .54 caliber. The barrel is an old rifle barrel that had been cut down.
A maple stock cut from a plank.
The lock has been converted from flint to percussion.
The hammer is antique.
It was made from spare parts from around the shop.
My load is 40 grains of 2F , .15 patch and a .530 round ball.
Out to 20 yards or so it does the trick.
Thanks for looking.
Andy
Very cool

TheViking wrote:It's REALLY hard to avoid getting into the Holy Black when you show your Wife the photos from this thread and she says: "Since it's going to rain tomorrow, let's go to Cabela's and look at muzzleloading revolvers."

Those of you from the Texas Chapter who have met Ann will understand why I consider myself very lucky :D
:beer2: Did y'all find one?

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote:
TheViking wrote:It's REALLY hard to avoid getting into the Holy Black when you show your Wife the photos from this thread and she says: "Since it's going to rain tomorrow, let's go to Cabela's and look at muzzleloading revolvers."

Those of you from the Texas Chapter who have met Ann will understand why I consider myself very lucky :D
:beer2: Did y'all find one?
We didn't get around to going there, it was one of my 1 day weekends and just not enough time. But soon...