Re: Just for giggles

I've handled quite a few of those actual Henry's at my LGS. Very smooth, nice fit and finish. Sweet lookin' brass. Shot two, a .357 and a .45LC. More accurate than I. Didn't buy. Have a Marlin in .30-30. Emu egg for scale.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

The 336 is a classic, for sure. The current Henry rifles look really nice, but a few people that I know who have them - and one guy at the cowboy action group i shoot with sometimes can't get them to cycle reliably. I'm not sure what's up with that, but for the price I'm just not interested.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RParker wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:32 pm The 336 is a classic, for sure. The current Henry rifles look really nice, but a few people that I know who have them - and one guy at the cowboy action group i shoot with sometimes can't get them to cycle reliably. I'm not sure what's up with that, but for the price I'm just not interested.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
From what I found one afternoon shooting a friend's steel-frame Henry .45/70, they seem to work best when you "run it like a rental". Cycling the action in a brisk manner is recommended, and as I recall, it prefers to be upright - cocking it to too far to one side or another also seemed problematic at times.
"...no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." ― Article VI, United States Constitution

Every time I see you balancing an egg on that 30-30, CD, I think, “What a beautiful lever-gun... waitaminute!”
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi