Vaping?

So, this long-term smoker has made the switch. I've had three cigarettes since Friday. Feeling a lot better!

Anyone else vape?
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Re: Vaping?

I quit smoking ~4 years ago when my first son was born.

I picked up vaping as a hobby/oral fixation technique ~2.5 years ago. I work in my home office in my basement and it was easy to do and enjoyable. Beats eating all the damn time!

I just kinda stopped about 6 months ago. Frankly, I just got tired of it. Costs are surprisingly high if you're a frequent user that likes high quality juice. And the hardware, even the brand names, are very spotty in quality. My primary mod stopped taking a charge and I just didn't replace it. I still have a bunch of hardware and like 12 random bottles of e-juice sitting here next to me.

All that said, I'm a big supporter of vaping, even now.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Long time vaper/ex smoker here. Haven't touched a cigarette in about 4 years, and to be honest, I didn't even feel like I was trying or missing anything. Don't miss the smell/expense/health issues from cigs at all, and haven't picked up the pounds that a number of my friends did after they quit.

Agreed on the equipment quality, although it has gotten far better in the last year or two. I still have yet to find a tank that won't flood, and I've tried about 6 or so of them in the last several years. Make sure you drain the tank before you hop on a plane, or you will have a mess from the pressure changes sucking the juice out of the tank.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Quit cold turkey when my daughter-in-law and my eldest daughter both told me that if I didn't, I couldn't have my grand-daughters to visit at my house...

Damned kids!

However, now I can afford to buy gunz and cameras. :)
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

Mason wrote:Things I don't miss:

1) Nictine addiction.
Being on a boat or out in the woods without a smoke made me so pissed off that I was hurting for one. I don't miss it either.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

I quit the first of may by sucking on a vaporizer. By June 1st I was back smoking. June 6th I just quit cold turkey and it has stuck. Just FUCKING QUIT ALL FORMS OF NICOTINE, I still crave and very likely will for the rest of my life. Now I have to figure out losing the 35lbs I have put on since. If I can do it so can you Eric, JUST DO IT.

CHUCANDOIT!

I'm 66, been smoking since I was 10. 1-2 packs a day since 17 years old. I quit cold turkey once when I was 35. It lasted 2 weeks.
I had 2 heart attacks, and a triple bypass, and still I kept on smoking.
In January I asked for Chantrix prescription. Got it, and went down to the drug store. They wanted a Hundred dollars a month for it. It could be several months or more of using.
Never had will power to quit, but for some reason the prospect of spending $100 a month sent me into a rage. I quit the next day, and haven't smoked since. I have used a vape on occasion, just a few puffs makes the heebie jeebies go away.
The wife quit too, using the vape, but never quit vaping. She's just as addicted to that as she was to smoking.

I got very good at quitting cold turkey, I've done it several times.

Gum sucked, smelled awful when it finally lit. ;)

Patches gave me really weird dreams. I already drop a lot of cash on my scrips each month, not planning on adding Chantix to the deal as well.

The vape seems like a thing that will cover my tinkerer's itch as well as the nicotine cravings. Not to mention I don't smell like a dirty ashtray anymore.

Good tip on emptying the tank when flying, I may be doing a fair bit of that over the next few months.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

I quite cold turkey, made it for a year or so. Did better with chantix, but it really messed with my sleep. Replacing cigs with vaping has been awesome, and at $4/week or less for the liquid, having my sense of smell and full lung capacity back is priceless. Whatever helps to kick the cig habit, as long as it's not moving to heroin, is a good thing. :D
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

i've smoked, cold turkeyed, vaped, patched. currently smoking about 1/2 pack a day. planning to go to vapes when we move this spring. i've got 3 or 4 vapers, but the tech seems unreliable. i won't tolerate that much flakiness in a gun or a car, so i'm going to be looking at the hardware closely.

fast forward to 2019. i quit, cold turkey, a year and a half ago. every once in a while i get the craving, but it only lasts a few seconds. lets see, "cheap" cigs at $4 a pack, half pack a day, 550 days...$1100 to spend on other things, notto mention all the other benefits..
Last edited by lurker on Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Couldn't agree more- I started off with an old school ego which went out on me pretty quick. Tried the cigarette style for awhile, and those worked, but had to have extra everything on hand just for when the battery completely went out or some other issue popped up. I have had good luck with the Nautilus tank, although I didn't like the old ego charging system, the variable voltage was nice.

Currently I've got the new EGO 1, the size is awesome, and it leaks less than some other tanks I've had, but sometimes you'll still get a bit of a leak out the of the air intake when it floods. From my personal experience, they will all flood at one point or another. Have q-tips as part of your car and home kit. Change the atomizers once every week or two before they burn out, keeps the taste fresh.

Don't buy anything using a proprietary charger. If it's not mini-usb, stay away. I order my juice online, I've tried a few vape shops but haven't had great luck with their flavors- but I also don't like perfume smelling/tasting stuff, and haven't had good luck with local shops touch when it comes to blending flavors. That may change as folks get more experienced, but until then, being able to go off of many reviews on the more reputable sites is the way I choose to go. YMMV
- Maya Angelou

I've tried every gimmick method of quitting there is. From hypnosis to chantix and everything in between. With the patches I found that I liked one on each temple while I smoked a camel straight, I got a great buzz from it, better than coke. I tried this one pill that was based on the drug wellbutrin, useless. If you do it cold turkey you are making a statement to your self and everybody else that you definitely want to quit, you are not relying on something magic that does not exist, Erik you can do it. Just quit.