Wood finishes

Im experimenting and found out that just a few drops og Higgins colored, non fading ink will tint , tung oil, linseed oil, even tru-oil , giving a translucency that , depending on color, can really enhance the look.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Re: Wood finishes

Where do I get this stuff? I'd like to mess around with coloring. I know oil based takes oil based, and water, water. But I've not messed much. From time to time I find a need to darken repair areas, for example.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Any art supply. Its for ink drawing. $3.95 an ounce at Blicks. If you mail order , Amazon, its around $6. $9 with Prime "free shipping"

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Ive been reading most of the better inks are mixed with linseed oil, so that would make sense it mixes well with tung and linseed oil products.
- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more