Flies like Propane??? Who Knew???

I learned yesterday something I never knew and thought the technician was kidding me!

Flies LOVE the smell of LP gas! I wondered, when we got down here, why there seemed to be an unusual number of flies under the house...then our 120 gallon LP tank ran out...WHAT????????? :w00t: :w00t: It's never, ever done that, or even gone below half-full.

So the gas man came out yesterday and found a leak, then another, and another, and a fourth. All where the corrugated stainless 3/8" pipes connected to bronze fittings, in a regulator and in tee fittings. As he fixed them, he then pressurized the system (seems the connector work on grill tanks) and found more and more leaks--8 in all.

And each time, as he was spraying connectors with detergent, we'd hear the buzz of flies...until he got them all.

So now we're running off a 20-gallon grill tank. I've shut off the LP hot water heater and re-started the old electric one, which, thankfully, after 5 years dormant, is still functional. The grill is hooked to my spare 20 gallon tank, and, if I need the generator, I'll run it off of gasoline rather than LP (I converted it to dual-fuel). So only the stove is running off the little tank, until they fill the big one back up, which won't happen today as it's Bahamian Independence Day--July 10th, celebrating 45 years today. Hopefully, tomorrow it will be filled. Then I'll light the water heater, turn off the electric one, and hook the grill back to the big tank.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."