Re: What’s Your Usual?

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:31 pm You mean my kitchen? :see_stars:

(never had a boilermaker, wouldn't know how to drink it...do you drink all the beer, then the whiskey, or tip it so the shot dumps into the beer?)
Usually mixed by either pouring the shot into the beer or “depth charging” it by dropping the whole shot glass into the mug.
A few souls quaff the beer and immediately down the shot as a chaser. All are correct. It’s a very democratic kind of drink.

I really don't care for alcohol
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

this week it's Cheer Dew, a choice blend of cheerwine and mountain dew. do not be deceived by Mountain Wine, which is a blend of mountain dew and cheerwine. i prefer mine aged in a paper cup for several seconds, just enough for the fizz to cook off. no ice. ice is for maroons.

when i drink alcohol, which is rare, it's woodchuck hard cider.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Coffee. Anyone who knows me knows that is my usual. I used to work a lot of night shift.

I can't remember the last time I drank alcohol. Nothing against it. Just not a big fan of the price.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Margarita minus salt. Usually have a one or two quart of fresh made from scratch in fridge for sipping all week. After that, anything alcoholic, depending on mood. Last night was Mojito. Tonight, Texas Whiskey.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:30 pm Margarita minus salt. Usually have a one or two quart of fresh made from scratch in fridge for sipping all week. After that, anything alcoholic, depending on mood. Last night was Mojito. Tonight, Texas Whiskey.
Wait... your name is Wino. And you drink... whiskey?

:yahoo:
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Margaritas without salt are like french fries without salt and ketchup/malt vinegar.

Me? I like bourbon, Rhum Vieux (old rum) and Corzo Tequila Anejo. Bourbon with ice, rum and tequila straight up. Can't find Chinaco tequila anymore.
Tonight it's the Corzo. Smooth as high-end cognac!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Haven't had an alcoholic drink since the day before I got married 43 years ago. Was a hell of a Stag Night, though... :D

Before that, straight dark rum. Captain Morgan was the favourite - REAL Captain Morgan, not the spiced bull's piss they sell here. Pusser's or Lamb's Navy were acceptable substitutes in extremis.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

It depends on time of the year, availability, how I'm feeling at that particular moment, if I'm drinking just to drink or is there a meal involved, and who is paying for it. When I was performing I would finish the evening with a shot of Drambuie; just to smooth out the vocal chords.
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

The thing I ask for when out most often is gin, neat. At home it gets much more esoteric but I like a Chaudier (French boilermaker, a shot of cognac poured in to a glass of champagne)

When Meeting in the Middle, I drink Bearded Queen hopped cider, made by Two Broads Ciderworks of San Louis Obispo, CA. They are friends of the LGC and make a damn fine product.

If I'm out, I'm splurging and ordering whatever specialty mixed drink unique to the restaurant/bar.
Default is hard cider after work or if at a plain Jane dive bar.
Days off and no plans, bourbon in the coffee with maple syrup and vanilla.
-Kat
Illinois Chapter President
LGC Certified Instructor, Intro to Pistol and Range Safety

We drink fresh-ground coffee every day.
This morning it's Guatemala Santa Rosa, from Swing's Coffee in Alexandria, VA.
Been drinking their coffee since 1985, when I was working at DOJ halfway between their original building (which is still there) and the Old Post Office, which had a giant food court, long before the shit-stain got his dirty tiny hands on it.
Swing's has now been around for 100 years.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

OK, so at one time I may have had a drinking problem - but that was a job induced requirement which took little arm twisting to force me into a life of debauchery and hedonism. :thumbup:

Following pics are of my bar and liquor cabinet contents as of today. The Bar in A Jar is a gift from my neighbors which know me well. :beer2: My fridge has several brands of beer - none of which are Bud or Miller. My liquor stock is as good as any commercial bar. Mine leans heavily on Tequila varieties and Bourbons, but there aren't many drinks I can't mix up for myself or guest. My favorite summer time is T&T, Mint Juleps and Moscow Mules. Margarita's are year round - and as an aside - saltless is a nod to my cardiologist request I cut back on sodium. :love: I grow fresh mint year round.
Last edited by Wino on Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.
Attachments
Bar-N-A-Jar.jpg
WinoNaraWoodBarLiquor.jpg
WinoLiquorCabinet.jpg

Don't drink unless I get together with old friends (which only happens a few times a year). If I have a day on my friend's sail boat, it's some kind of rum because pirates and bottle passing just goes with sailing. At his house, it's a dark-n-stormy. I've lived in wine country for close to 30 years and I used to really enjoy wine. Not so much anymore. Oh well, I guess I've matured.

So, my usual get home from work drink these days is a La Croix mineral water. Exciting!