donated money today, and...

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

donated money today, and...

Post by lurker »

today while browsing wikipedia i got a little popup asking for donations and thought "sure, why not" because i think free access to un-owned information is a good thing. and then i wondered if i could possibly somehow donate to selected democrat candidates (because not the iDJiT) on behalf of LGC, with the intent to make them aware that not all liberals approve of further gun control and would like to see more root-cause.

delusional pipe-dream?

max129
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: donated money today, and...

Post by max129 »

I donate to political candidates often and the rules seem to be the same everywhere - donations are highly regulated for reporting purposes. (Except for Citizens United exceptions ;-)

When I donate, the require my full legal name (if I use initials, the reject it.) I have to designate organizations where I am NOT employed. And I am invited to say where I am employed.

There is no place to say "Donated on behalf of". And it is my understanding that if you mail a check, they send back a form to fill before they deposit the check.

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by lurker »

so basically, pointless?

MayhemVI
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by MayhemVI »

There's no comment box or anything on the sites where you donate? That seems odd for politicians. If I'm sending money, they need to know why they need to suck up to me.
If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory. - Mickey Kaus, The New Republic

max129
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by max129 »

100% of the places have donated use ActBlue. ActBlue does not collect comments.