iconx metal earth models

saw these at hobby lobby, bought the peacock for $29.99. sort of origami with sheet metal.
https://www.metalearth.com/

the first hour or so was painful, but it's getting better. nip the pre-printed, precut flat parts out of a sheet of .25mm brass, fold as needed, insert tabs in slots. instructions about like your average ikea. some parts are numbered.

they have a very wide selection, the peacock is "challenging". learn from my mistake, don't start with the peacock. or the battleships. you will want a magnifier, needle-nose pliers/hemostats/tweezers, and i'm using nail clipper to cut the parts off the sheets. tiny little parts. tiny.

here's the result of about 4 hours. still working on the stand, then wings and tail. keeps me off the internet, so not a bad thing.
IMG_0168.jpg
IMG_0169.jpg
IMG_0174.jpg
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Re: iconx metal earth models

time is no problem, patience is learned. have a dog, pit bull mix.
i spend way too much time on the 'net, much of it here, especially if the weather is bad or i've no errands to run. i tell ya, retirement is hell, having that extra 8+ hours to organize. this gets me away from the computer for part of the day. after i finish this, there's a balsa rubber-powered hurricane to keep me out of trouble.

check out their website. tanks? airplanes? ships? insects? cars? flakkannonnen? they have them.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?