shotgun left in truck. trap?

for some reason i find this disturbing.
when i walk the dog i pass a red toyota truck, and every day i see a mossberg shotgun sitting on the seat. i've not seen the truck move in the last couple of weeks, and wonder if the owner is trying to bait someone into trying a smash and grab. doors appear locked. being devious of mind, i expect a brick would do the job, though the getaway down the residential street looks tricky. maybe a friend on a scooter, all got up like ninjas.

on the other hand, maybe there's a cable lock to the seat frame and cameras on it 24/7. i haven't looked that closely.

"it's a trap!"?
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Re: shotgun left in truck. trap?

C'use my post on your topic Lurker. Definitely a set - up. Persons truck was prolly broken into before and has cameras and or motion detectors looking at it 24/7. Who knows, a booby trap! Not a good way to entrap a thief using a gun as bait. If the perp got hold of it and shot someone he could be held accountable. Thats just stupid. I'd call police immediately.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Re: shotgun left in truck. trap?

The post brings back memories. When I was school age, it was not uncommon for folks to have gun racks, filled, in the pickup truck, unlocked, even in the school parking lot. Back then, almost everyone who owned a truck had a gun rack with a shotgun and a rifle on display. I can not recall that anyone was ever shot, and I did not know anyone who had their long guns stolen from their vehicles. Different days.