Electronic ear plug recommendations?

I'm starting to seriously consider a set of noise canceling/suppressing ear plugs, but both for shooting and playing music.

I've never liked ear muffs, as I always wear glasses of some kind which rarely feel comfortable with muffs. Also, I do some cowboy action shooting and otherwise just enjoy brimmed hats, which again, don't work with muffs.

I also play guitar in a 7-piece band. Foamies and even re-usable plugs supposedly designed for music are either uncomfortable or cut out too many of the high frequencies I need to hear a balanced sound. I know I could get in-ear monitors, and I might.

But is there a set of electronic plugs that could do double duty? Some that would effectively suppress gunshots at the range and keep a balanced sound spectrum at rehearsal and gigs?

The Peltor TEP200 get lots of good reviews, but I don't need comms connections and some of the other stuff. And $375 is a lot of money for an experiment; not too much to preserve my hearing, but more than I want to spend unless it's a sure thing. Open to suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Re: Electronic ear plug recommendations?

I use Howard Leight Impact Sport electronic ear muffs. I have no advice on electronic ear plugs.

I do wonder how well a plug works, it doesn’t cover the full ear and that concerns me a bit. I double up with ear plug and electronic ear muffs.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Electronic ear plug recommendations?

sikacz wrote:I use Howard Leight Impact Sport electronic ear muffs. I have no advice on electronic ear plugs.

I do wonder how well a plug works, it doesn’t cover the full ear and that concerns me a bit. I double up with ear plug and electronic ear muffs.
I have the Leight Impact muffs, and they work fine, other than the fact that they're muffs. They don't seal as well when wearing glasses - at least not on my head. I double up, too, when shooting indoor ranges or on close-packed outdoor ranges.