Spring Turkey

They seem to be multiplying and spreading into areas that didn't have them in the past. Got myself a nice Tom on Thursday at a friend's ranch in south-central New Mexico.

In exchange for hunting privileges I'm helping his family develop the water resources at the ranch so they can increase the herd and attract more game. There are already mule deer, Barbary sheep, turkey, tons of quail, and some elk.
We live at a time when emotions and feelings count more than truth,
and there is a vast ignorance of science.
James Lovelock

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

Re: Spring Turkey

Right now we're trying to get existing wells back into operation, mostly for drinkers and some domestic supply. Most were windmill wells, but we'll convert them to solar.

Some parts of the ranch have no reliable water, so might have to also drill one or two wells. We're trying to expand cattle grazing and wildlife activity. There's plenty of grazing and cover, but little water right now. Numbers should increase with water.
James Lovelock

About 35 pounds. Eleven inch beard.

James Lovelock

When I was a kid, I don't think there was a single turkey within 200 miles of Detroit. Saturday we are in Dundee, home of the Michigan Cabela's and a damn turkey was walking through the neighborhood like he owned it. Must have went 30 lbs at least, big bird.
When only cops have guns, it's called a police state.
I carry due to toxic masculinity.......just other people's.