Re: Greetings to all new forum members!

dawnhoyden wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:21 pm I don't remember if I posted here when I got onboard last year - I live in southern Illinois and am currently working on my masters in social work at SIU.
Good to be around like-minded folks - even if mostly online.
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

SapoKiko wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:23 pm Didn't know such a forum and site existed, but glad to find y'all. I'm a firearm newbie, well wannabe maybe, but prefer intelligent dialog to hate speech. Good to know such a group exists, and looking forward to learning more.
Thanks,
Kiko
Welcome, Kiko! Where ya from?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

SapoKiko wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:23 pm Didn't know such a forum and site existed, but glad to find y'all. I'm a firearm newbie, well wannabe maybe, but prefer intelligent dialog to hate speech. Good to know such a group exists, and looking forward to learning more.
Thanks,
Kiko
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Whatcha shoot?
jim

Jimbob wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:43 pm :newhere: hiydee ho neighbors ! Just found this place gonna look around and see what I see! Good to know you all taking this seriously. Can't let the maga's have all the fun. Hope y'all buying as much ammo you can afford.
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.
jim

Jimbob wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:43 pm :newhere: hiydee ho neighbors ! Just found this place gonna look around and see what I see! Good to know you all taking this seriously. Can't let the maga's have all the fun. Hope y'all buying as much ammo you can afford.
MAGAs are a new phenomenon. Liberal gun owners have been around for centuries.

Most of us have the ammo we need. Are the MAGAs buying the panic-priced ammo?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I still consider myself new here. I joined the LGC forums about a week ago and as a paying member the next day.
If this is the wrong place for this, let me know, but I had a question or two as a rookie forum user and as a first time club joiner of any kind.
I poked around for answers but I just don’t quite know how to use forums all that well yet.

How do I get in good with my local chapter (Rocky Mountain)? I would really like to be able to participate in local events and connect with other members in the Colorado Springs area.
Also, how do I access members only section of the forums?
Thanks for your patience. Again, if I need to pose these questions elsewhere, feel free to delete post and maybe nudge me in the right direction.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoungSportsman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:59 am I still consider myself new here. I joined the LGC forums about a week ago and as a paying member the next day.
If this is the wrong place for this, let me know, but I had a question or two as a rookie forum user and as a first time club joiner of any kind.
I poked around for answers but I just don’t quite know how to use forums all that well yet.

How do I get in good with my local chapter (Rocky Mountain)? I would really like to be able to participate in local events and connect with other members in the Colorado Springs area.
Thanks for your patience. Again, if I need to pose these questions elsewhere, feel free to delete post and maybe nudge me in the right direction.
Thanks!

Make at least 10 posts and contact PM an admin. There might be required post number to open up the PM function. If you can’t see the members sections after that, contact an admin. They will straighten it out.

Looks like your PM should work. You need to give an admin your membership number.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote:
YoungSportsman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:59 am I still consider myself new here. I joined the LGC forums about a week ago and as a paying member the next day.

Thanks!

Make at least 10 posts and contact PM an admin. There might be required post number to open up the PM function. If you can’t see the members sections after that, contact an admin. They will straighten it out.
Copy that. I may have reached out to them prematurely. Must have missed the post count requirement. Typical newb . . .
I’m working on it.
Thanks for the help.

YoungSportsman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:08 am
sikacz wrote:

Thanks!

Copy that. I may have reached out to them prematurely. Must have missed the post count requirement. Typical newb . . .
I’m working on it.
Thanks for the help.
Just get your membership number to an admin. Your post count looks ok.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

lurker wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:14 am to get in good with your local chapter, you must bring virtual cookies to the virtual meetings. if you choose well (i like cinnamon, but i'm here in NC so you don't care about that) they'll make you a chapter officer and expect more cookies.
I just use the same virtual cookie variety for every virtual meeting, myself. :lol:

- Franklin D. Roosevelt